SeniorCare -How long after the interview will you be notified?

hpgryffn

Hey all, So I just had my first interview as an EMT today for SeniorCare at the Bronx office. I was wondering how long after the interview will you be notified whether you've been accepted or not? I thought my interview went well. I had a written exam (positive I passed), a physical agility test (passed), drug screening (passed), and a scenarios exam (think I passed). After that I spoke with the manager for the actual interview and he asked me a series of questions and asked me to fill out my availability sheet. He then told me they'd contact within 24 hours whether or not I've passed but he did mention that I should be punctual for orientation which I took as I think I've been accepted? Do they take longer to notify you if you've not been accepted? Thanks!

Patience Grasshopper. If they take longer than a few days you might want to be concerned but just be patient. I'm sure it will all work out.

It it takes a week or longer, that might be a different story.

It took 6 weeks for me to get my last full time gig, the waiting SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then again it wasn't in EMS.

All I can do is echo what Ruff said, patience. Out of curiosity is seniorcare the old transcare/metrocare? Alright, one more question, if you don't mind me asking what EMT number is NYS up to, like, what are the first 3 digits?

If they weren't interested in hiring you, they would most likely tell you at the end of the interview process.

hiring takes many more steps behind the scenes background records check and NCIC checks can get backed up and take a day or two to get results back from the state & federal governments.

Take a deep breath and wait paitently

Patience Grasshopper. If they take longer than a few days you might want to be concerned but just be patient. I'm sure it will all work out.

It it takes a week or longer, that might be a different story.

It took 6 weeks for me to get my last full time gig, the waiting SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then again it wasn't in EMS.

All I can do is echo what Ruff said, patience. Out of curiosity is seniorcare the old transcare/metrocare? Alright, one more question, if you don't mind me asking what EMT number is NYS up to, like, what are the first 3 digits?

If they weren't interested in hiring you, they would most likely tell you at the end of the interview process.

hiring takes many more steps behind the scenes background records check and NCIC checks can get backed up and take a day or two to get results back from the state & federal governments.

Take a deep breath and wait paitently

thanks for the info guys! it's just my first time applying to an ems job so i was nervous but they got back to me today telling me that i was accepted! wooho :punk:

ERDoc, im not sure whether seniorcare is either of those but i know transcare is separate from seniorcare, although don't take my word for it because im a newbie to ems. well the first 3 digits for mine are 462

ERDoc, im not sure whether seniorcare is either of those but i know transcare is separate from seniorcare, although don't take my word for it because im a newbie to ems. well the first 3 digits for mine are 462

Congrats on the job! Looks like seniorcare and transcare are separate. 462? Damn, I feel old.

Don't feel bad Doc:

We all get old someday/

doesn't mean we have to grow up :turned::wave:

Congrats on getting your first EMS job young Padawan.

now it's time to start learning and learning to listen.

Edited by island emt

Echoe the same, I have no idea about the wait time in your area of employment, but it is not uncommon for fire service/ems jobs in big cities to have 400 applicants for every 20 open positions. It takes time to do drug tests and background checks done, so keep applying at other places to give yourself options; if it takes 6 months for them to contact you, you can always put your 2-week notice in at the places you may get hired at tomorrow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.