Ambulances without a bench seat?

• 5 months later...

If anyone has ever studied safety in the ambulance number one problem is attendant safety. There is no safe seat in the back for the medic. That said I am a huge fan of doing away with the bench seats. If that takes away all of your storage and you have no where to put anything else then you probably are carrying too much equipment on the truck.

It amazes me how man places overstock their trucks because they fear no one else will restock it. Generally you need enough stuff to take care of two patients without restocking with that is as many as you should transport at one time. There are some services that may not have the opportunities to restock so they may need to stock more than other places.

Now back to the topic of no bench seats. The forward facing and swiveling seats are more comfortable, your back will thank you also. They offer much more support while you sit in them. Also the seat belts are also more comfortable since they are usually three point just like automotive seat belts. Five point are available, however I have seen it cause less people to use the seat belt since its not comfortable enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.