Racist

emsgirl

Have you been called a racist on a call  

124 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, 1 time so far.
    • Yes, 2-5
    • Yes, Maybe I am one I have been called that so many times it's my nickname
    • No, not yet at least

I have never witnessed anyone being accused of being a racist by anyone from all of the other races except black people.

I know you said "you" have never witnessed it, but it does exist.

I encourage you to go visit a reservation or go to rural Alaska. It is a great feeling to be the hated white man and on many, many occassions be called a racist. I was spit in the face by an Inuit who accused me of being racist.

Never mind the fact that I am there in person providing care to parts of the world that no one goes to except the people indigenous to that area. Yeh, I am the racist.

I watched them get passed over for jobs and the race card was waved high in the air. It didnt matter what the situation was, it always came down to racism and we the white people there were the problem. If there were any disputes, their side was honored, cause if not, they would wave the card. Regardless of the fact that they didnt have the education or skills, they claimed racism.

In the above statement I said we the white people cause the entire time I was there, there was only one black family in town.

Now, fast forward to my time in Florida, which is where most of my life has been. We have Haitians, Cubans, Dominicans, Mexicans, amongst many other races. Guees what? I was accused of being racist there as well. For the most part, the comments come from the poorly educated and there are usually a high degree of emotions or ETOH involved.

I do not let these things phase me.

However, my point was racism, and perception of racism does exist in all races, it is not exclusive to the black population.

Hey, I have black friends too! (does this get me some reward??)

I also have Jewish, Asian, Latina/o, friends as well.

I hope by me stating my fried list, you do not think I am racist. Cause that is the first thing we racists are taught actually in Race 101. Name your friend list so everyone knows you are not a hypocrite...and then it is ok to bash other races, cause you have friends within that race.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay no attention to the parasitic black liberal behind the curtain, for he/she is/are the great and powerful OZ, and they will retaliate with a force or is that farce (finger pointing, race card tossing, headline grabbing silliness) so powerful, mere mortals quake in their boots.

This is oddly symbolic of the reason emergency services personnel will continue to endure claims of racism. When faced with an opportunity to gain understanding and learn from each other, the perpetually offended find it easier and certainly less labor intense (in an intellectual sense) to simply be mad and point their finger as this has been their harbor for decades.

And so ends my journey in this thread, having traveled so far yet nowhere. Perhaps I can withdraw to my "upper-class, intellectual, a--ho-l- friends, you know those with a dictionary and a thesaurus. How dare I be sold bold as to attempt abstract thought when emotion and hate serve Mr, Mrs or Ms. 2leads so well?

Mr,Mrs or even Ms. 2 leads, I leave you to carry forth your doctrine of self pity and hate having taught that damn white "boy" a lesson. Bask in the multicolored light streaming from the rainbow coalition, but never, ever look behind the curtain! You may find those in your own race, you know the same ones who actually sold your ancestors into slavery, are still pulling the levers. Sure the names have changed and perhaps they are of different tribal lineage, but the faces are the same, but now they have the REV. prefix and they continue to enslave you today.

Finally, two definitions for you:

Ignorance = A lack of knowledge.

Stupidity = An unwillingness to learn.

Which category do you fit into?

This thread really should be locked. I am tired of my fellow whites whining about the injustice caused by the minorities playing the race card. I am tired of the minorities pulling the race card. It is said that everybody has to be so pc.

The simple fact is that all races have scum in them that discriminate against other races and even people of their own race that they consider lesser. There is scum in all races that abuse the system thus bringing a bad name for their race much like one bad EMT/Paramedic(per news ambulance drivers) makes us all look bad.

So how about everyone stop whining and complaining. If this post is not locked perhaps we could discuss what the OP wanted rather than all this political crap that has nothing to do with the subject.

Racism is not a cut and dry topic. There are no concrete answers to it, and while exploring the subject of having been called racist, it is perfectly acceptable to explore the idea of racism as a whole. Unfortunately, racism and politics seem to be intertwined in America. Ergo, we are discussing politics now.

As a side note, I think everyone pitching a fit every time a thread meanders into some different discussion is getting really old. How many conversations have you had where you talked about the same thing for the entire time? I think the only way to learn and encounter new ideas is for tangents to occur. Not everyone is a completely linear thinker, and we've seen that starting a new thread for every little ramification of a conversation is a bad idea.

-Rant off-

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Racism is not a cut and dry topic. There are no concrete answers to it, and while exploring the subject of having been called racist, it is perfectly acceptable to explore the idea of racism as a whole. Unfortunately, racism and politics seem to be intertwined in America. Ergo, we are discussing politics now.

As a side note, I think everyone pitching a fit every time a thread meanders into some different discussion is getting really old. How many conversations have you had where you talked about the same thing for the entire time? I think the only way to learn and encounter new ideas is for tangents to occur. Not everyone is a completely linear thinker, and we've seen that starting a new thread for every little ramification of a conversation is a bad idea.

-Rant off-

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Wendy I agree with some of your post. I am all for threads developing and exploring. This topic has gotten out of hand. I was trying to be polite by saying politics etc. This topic has become more of a hate fest than a productive discussion. It has become a stomping ground for a couple of very opinionated people spewing opinions that border on racist attacks even if they think it sounds educational. Racism is a real and complicated problem. But no good is coming of the current discussions, that is why I asked about getting back on topic.

I have never personally been called one however I have been there when its happened. The thing I have found is that what is happening, is we (ems) are very busy and people catch us at our 3am not in the mood for sh*t attitude and it can be presumed to be anything. We sometimes forget why we got into this work. I find after 12 years its sometimes hard to be kind to the woman faking seizures etc....I have learned to treat everyone with the same patients and respect I would give my mother and I do fine, even in the projects at 3 am. 8)

well i have 2 times.i must say i just laughed bout it.the first time we responded to a "MVA WITH EJECTION". it turned out a drunk ran off into a ditch but anyway the drunk man proceeded to call me and the other FF in our engine racist b@stards bcuz he didnt wanta go to jail but he showed no signs of injury.

I agree with spenac it did get way out of hand and it was my fault. I apologize to the OP and have sent Asysin2leads an apology as well. I love spirited debate, but not at the expense of someone else. I lost sight of the fact that he an I have different ideas on certain issues but these should not have resulted personal attacks. I'll remember to attack issues instead of individual in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.