Racist

emsgirl

Have you been called a racist on a call  

124 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, 1 time so far.
    • Yes, 2-5
    • Yes, Maybe I am one I have been called that so many times it's my nickname
    • No, not yet at least

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are expected to be professional and treat everyone with respect. I say treat them as nice as they will allow you to be. By virtue of the fact we are in public service doesn’t mean we are their door mats. It sickens me that everyone dances around the issue of race like it was a cobra preparing to strike. This is the result of all of the wonderful liberal liars and self-righteous do-gooders that have been able to poison the workplace and academia with this crap. We need a hero, black or white and completely unlike and unaffiliated with charlatan liars like Al Sharpton or Jesse (the illegitimate baby daddy Jackson) and pretty much anyone in the Democratic Party to have an open, honest dialogue. We have a lot of common ground but the opportunist and lazy ner do wells get all of the press and interfere with real progress.

I'll tell you who could fix this, my friend Kevin, who just happens to be Black. This fellow is hard working, college educated and spends not one second of his life pissing and moaning about how he has been treated unfairly by white people. He doesn’t give a damn for the term "African American" and told me that he couldn’t speak a single syllable of any of the native dialects and added that he has no interest in traveling to Africa because it wasn’t his native home, America is........

We can continue to hide behind the truth, legislate and sue our way to utopian racial equality but this only galvanizes the opposing forces and results in their withdrawing to an out of sight but not out of action position. The alternative is to acknowledge our cultural differences, even celebrate them, the positive aspects that is. We must stop electing the parasitic liberals that continue to enslave those less fortunate in the name of diversity.

If there were a magical way to make public assistance work the way it is supposed to, (support people while they are down and not punish them for making a decent living or kick them out of public housing based on marital status) I believe this would be a huge step in making your next EMS call in the projects a little less dangerous, dismal and hopeless.

Perhaps those on public assistance could be required to attend classes that would help with financial planning, and offer incentives to them for finishing high school. Consider extending the amount of time they are permitted to remain on welfare provided they continue their education, but require transcripts and base the amount of assistance on successes instead of punishing them for achievement.

On the other hand those on public assistance should be put into the street when they are convicted of felony drug offenses or violent crimes. No public aid whatsoever, not only would they loose the right to vote and own firearms, they wouldnt receive one red cent of assistance money and wouldn’t be permitted to spend one day in public housing.

Another step in the right direction would be meaningful programs to attract minorities to EMS. How many black or Latino EMT's and Paramedics do you know? I'll bet it's not many.

One of the things that damage these efforts is that upon attracting even one black employee into the business the HR folks are foaming at the mouth to fast track this person to a leadership role in an effort to meet a multitude of quotas. This often means resorting to reverse racism against seasoned personnel that have worked in an agency for 10 or 15 years only to be passed over in the interest of having a diverse workforce. In the most egregious cases they will use different scoring standards one for black, one for white and offer the promotion to the lesser qualified black employee. This breeds hate and contempt and does a tremendous disservice to the black employee as they will never be respected based on ability.

Another step in the right direction would be meaningful programs to attract minorities to EMS. How many black or Latino EMT's and Paramedics do you know? I'll bet it's not many.

Actually, our EMS service is one of the most diverse in city and in the nation. Africans, African-Americans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Hondurans, Jews, Muslims, Irishmen, Italians, Greeks, I could go on. Try stepping outside your neighborhood sometime. There's a whole world out there!

Its funny how you rally against all the "liberal parasites" etc, but you make no mention of war spending or government funding for corporations when it comes to spending my hard earned tax dollar. Give me a 1,000 welfare cheats an they won't even come close to what we've spent funding Halliburton and Blackwater. In my experience anyone who starts off with "I'm not a racist, BUT..." and then peppers their speech with "baby's daddy" and "my black friends", generally is. You can defend your stance with all the long winded posts you want, but as my good friends the Rolling Stones once said "I see your true colors, shining through."

Tell you what, lets you and i have a meaningful dialogue based on positive changes we could make to help EMS in terms of racial issues. I'll skip my "long winded posts and wont tell you I'm not a racist anymore, it doesn't change the fact I actually do have several friends that just happen to be black but of if make you feel better just assume this isn't true either. You in turn take a look at the content of what I have said minus the emotion arousing comments about the parasites and liberals.

Perhaps this would be better suited for a non-EMS thread, but I sincerely would like to hear your unemotional perspective on these issues. Perhaps we could start with my suggestions regarding public assistance and ways to improve the end product of a currently failed concept that has led to despair and hopelessness for many minorities. I am realistic enough to understand that our conversation probably wont change the world and may have very little to do with EMS but who knows, perhaps I can learn something.

Oh and by the way, the phrase "True colors" was originally frequently utilized by whites as a negative connotation toward blacks in the original slave days, as it inferred they couldn't rise above their true color.

Actually, our EMS service is one of the most diverse in city and in the nation. Africans, African-Americans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Hondurans, Jews, Muslims, Irishmen, Italians, Greeks, I could go on. Try stepping outside your neighborhood sometime. There's a whole world out there!

Its funny how you rally against all the "liberal parasites" etc, but you make no mention of war spending or government funding for corporations when it comes to spending my hard earned tax dollar. Give me a 1,000 welfare cheats an they won't even come close to what we've spent funding Halliburton and Blackwater. In my experience anyone who starts off with "I'm not a racist, BUT..." and then peppers their speech with "baby's daddy" and "my black friends", generally is. You can defend your stance with all the long winded posts you want, but as my good friends the Rolling Stones once said "I see your true colors, shining through."

It is as obvious as your hatred for Christians, Conservatives, Southerners, Midwesterners, basically anyone who disagrees with your New York Liberal beliefs. It never ceases to amaze me that those that preach open mindedness are usually the least open minded people around. To be honest looking over your posts you seem to be one of the most intolerant of people on this forum.

You say to Captain whatever that he should step outside his door. Well I suggest you step outside that little Manhattan box you live in and explore the country. Step outside your door, and you might drop your personal stereotypes of the rest of the country.

You know, it always amazes me when people accuse me of being a New York liberal, when it is pretty far from the damn truth, when actually I grew up in a very conservative atmosphere and consider myslef pretty conservative myself.

This how I think I'm conservative:

1. I've worked full time ever since I've been 18 years old. I have never asked for a handout or cried unfair, ever. I accept what I earn, and I expect others to earn their keep.

2. I believe very strongly in personal responsibilty. People are responsible for themselves and their own actions, end of story. Thats why I'm not a fan of censorship, and I believe the notion of family values weakens individual responsibility.

3. I love my family very much. They are the people who come first before all others.

4. I was a Boy Scout at one point.

5. I'm heterosexual. Its fun.

6. I believe in a smaller government. Thats why I am so against the current regime.

But, you see, unfortunately, you confuse "conservative" with "Republican". You can be a conservative and not own a gun and love Jesus. They are two different things. As for Southereners, I don't have a real dislike for them, I get annoyed when places like Alabama get 114% return on federal tax dollars whereas Northeastern states get 92% return, and the fact that a few of my relatives were offed by some Good ol' boys "just trying to maintain there own" back in the 60's during the civil rights drive, but other than that, I'm a you do your thing, I'll do mine type of guy.

I'm sorry you're so oppressed and hated captainstandup. Maybe you can get a million man march going on Washington or something. :roll:

Give me a 1,000 welfare cheats an they won't even come close to what we've spent funding Halliburton and Blackwater.

Give me back all the military troops the Democrats got rid of and we wouldn't need Halliburton and Blackwater. Although, I can assure you that the cost of Halliburton and Blackwater pales in comparison to what the larger standing army would have cost us.

Make up your mind.

Our million man march involves us taking ourselves to work every day to enable us to pay the tab your liberal pals run up.

As far as guns or Jesus, there’s a great example of how the country would look if the citizenry were disarmed or matters of faith restricted; it’s a little place you may have heard of called China. These folks enjoy freedom of speech, a robust economy, the safest working conditions on the planet, especially in the coal mines, high wages, great retirement and an environmental stewardship that is second to none OR perhaps NOT SO MUCH!

Your ideas of conditional conservatism are impressive but terribly misguided. Personal freedom and liberty are all or nothing concepts. You espouse to hold conservative ideas then just like every good liberal you bitch about guns, religious freedom and disrespect the military.

One only has to look at the jewel of gun control, the greater Washington DC area, which reported 409 murders in 2005, to see how successful gun control is. You and your pals have the notion that when a criminal strikes, the police will magically appear to rescue you. Does the concept of response time completely elude you or what? Perhaps you can show the murder or rapist family photos or mesmerize them with tales of how your ancestors fought for their civil rights.

I really don’t care what you believe in; in terms of faith, but I have to wonder who or what you would be praying to if you or your child were entrapped in burning wreckage?

You and your liberal "colorblind" Neil Young worshiping pals scoff at anyone of Christian Faith yet celebrate the diversity of all other faiths, especially the favorite faith of the black man in trouble, Islam, another double standard.

You are only colorblind when it suits your agenda and when the discussion benefits your perspective otherwise the race cards take wing.

Let’s add another "star" or your precious civil right stage to the discussion. The totally honorable crack head whoremongering political superhero of Washington DC Marion Berry. You should be so proud, as should the pitiful souls who have consciously walked into a voting booth and elected this looser to two mayoral terms and continue to allow him to serve as a councilman to this day. Now that’s a legacy for all black Americans to be proud of.

As for Jesse “the illegitimate baby daddy” Jackson, he like so many of your so called leaders hide or assume credibility behind the “Rev” that implies they too worship the deity you seem to despise. If you want an honest examination of these leaders get a copy of the truly Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson’s book entitled Scam. In his book Rev. Peterson exposes Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, and Maxine Waters, among others-claiming they are nothing more than scam artists profiting off the hatred and disorder they foster in the black community.

It's impossible make meaningful progress in civil rights when folks like you are so filled with hate and double standards none can approach sensitive issues without being labeled a racist or bigot. Instead of addressing many of the issues I brought up pertaining to the minority community, you instantly resort to injecting hot button issues such as the war, gun control or religion. My suspicion is that you do this because you cant figure out a way to blame the real issues on someone else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.