A bit too young

Medic60

Why do you feel the need to vent against this 14 YEAR OLD triemal04? Why can you not type without cursing or insults? I could have offered advice to the OP but that would have probably just made you more angry and wanting to carry on your venting at this 14 YEAR OLD and probably at me too. If you swear at kids to shock them....

Um...thanks for the help...I guess...

You got exactly what you asked for, which was advice. If you refuse to listen, or to entertain the idea that what you thought was actually wrong, then it says more about you as a person than anything.

All of this is good advice, and things that you should be thinking about and finding answers to.

You ARE NOT an EMT until you have a card from the state saying you are and approval from your medical director. Thinking anything else is dangerous and will get you and your pts in trouble.

How can your govt issue you a card saying you are certified if you have not completed the testing?

What qualifications do you have to work on diesel engines, gas engines, emergency vehicles, hydraulic systems, brake systems, automatic/manual transmissions, hydraulic pumps and electrical systems?

What type of class did you go through to become a "trained BLS/EMT?"

If you are waiting 4 years to take an official state/national EMT test, even if you did actually take a real EMT course, you're going to have to repeat it.

You have not responded on any calls as an EMT.

You are in no way, shape, or form a nationally registered EMT.

If this is something that you might want to do in the future, I'd suggest first learning more about it.

Visit your state EMS departments website (it's often under the state DHS system though not always) and then visit the national registry website. Read everything on both. Even the really boring stuff like the actual state laws.

You legally can not act as an EMT without certification and I do not know of a single state in the US or elsewhere for that matter who will allow a 14 year old kid to become one, and change laws just for that one kid.

Every EMT/paramedic in the US functions under the license of a physician.

There are no "federal standards" for EMT's kid. There are requirements for people who contract with the government to provide services, which is a very different thing

You aren't eligible for anything or taught to any real level.

actually learn about it. Really learn about it,

If the OP is being truthful, I hope he has read everything we have said, even if we have been mean and it hits him hard, for his sake. If he/she is really as gung-ho about EMS as he/she presents then there may be a great future ahead but it would be sad to see it ruined before it started because of either his/her ego or an inept department.

And most importantly:

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

It's already been said; learn about what it is that you might do in the future and the difference between that and whatever it is you think you are doing now. And don't act like a stereotypical 14 year old anymore.