Creighton CCEMT-P Online Course

Nice to see someone was pleasant enough to address my initial questions. Instead, I get everything but. I honestly havent been on this site for months because I was disgusted by how a large group of people have this complex that they can comment and sarcastically chastise people when they ask a question and not even answer it in the process. Looks like someone forgot to take out the trash in EMT City. You wont gain new members with peoples attitudes like that.

Seriously, you have that response. Take out the trash??????? You just lumped a large group of us here who responded to your thread into comparisons of Trash. WAY TO GO Tiger. Keep on making friends and influencing people. I am seriously hoping that I didn't make it into the trash heap.

Your last response was a smart ass response emboldened by a response from a well known member of this forum.

Edited by Ruffmeister Paramedic

Smart ass or not, it would be a good idea to pay attention to what's being said. (I'm not saying that any of your comments were out of line ruff)

In all seriousness, why do you think this place is so dead? Part of it has to do with people posting on social media sites (facebook, g+ and such) instead of forums, part probably has to do with how high this place pops up on a search engine, but I'd bet a lot has to do with the reception that people get when they first post, or when they see what that reception will be.

Take a look at how many new posters are treated when they ask a question; they get some high and mighty response that probably has nothing to do with the question, and then someone pops off about how they need to stay in their place.

Great reception, huh? Can't imagine why people aren't flocking here.

Triemal, I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. I often cringe sometimes when I see some of the reception that new posters get here. I have at times been one of those people who have given a not so warm welcome and I have re-evaluated and said to myself - Mike remember when you got here and how you were treated by Dust and some others? Not so great but you stuck around and Dust became a mentor. I don't want to be seen as an asshole.

I do believe that his comments were "smart ass" but they really weren't far off from the truth in the overall scheme of things when it comes down to how some new posters are treated here.

It's like trying to get into a fraternity here, I remember those days as well and it was tough. I'd like to see a less eat the newbie responses and more of just gnaw on them for a bit. But some of these new posters cop an attitude immediately if they don't get an answer they like.

Take for instance those who come here with the sole intention initially to have their homework done for them. They don't get the answers they want which are usually the answers to their questions so they don't have to do the work themselves and when we tell em to do research first they get uptight or pissy and storm off to some place google or the other site that won't be named ............."Voldemortlife.com".

It's a fine line we travel I think. Treat em too fluffy or treat em too roughly - what's the happy medium.

Maybe with the new system and new group of moderators we can nip this initial posting nastyness/ongoing type of thing in the bud.

Edited by Ruffmeister Paramedic

I have no issues with you Ruffmeister. And my statement in reference to EMT City not taking out the trash was not in response to you. I have no problem saying I am wrong and someone clarifying my question, because it appears that there is a big difference between CCEMT-P and other certs like FP-C which chbare was kind enough to educate me on. I was fine with this up to there

Island EMT, answers like yours and your lack of intelligent contributions to this topic are the reason why people dont want to ask questions. You were being nothing but a troll with nothing to offer to the conversation. You are one to talk when you stated nothing on the actual topic other than what other people said.

If anyone is offended that I think theres garbage on EMT City that hasnt been dealt with and you have something valuable to contribute to a topic that isnt chastising, then it probably doesnt apply to you. But I have been on this site for a few years now and it is a constant issue when a new member asks a question and they recieve nothing but negative feedback and they dont even get an answer.

Since you seem to take the most Umbrage with my comments

No one gave you any shit until your responses came back as snarky to several long time members here

Asking whether the state of Mn would accept that particular course for licensing before you spend several thousand hard earned dollars would be a smart move .

When I was that young age an old fellow used to tell me to slow down and listen to what the old folks had to say about being in your twenties.

Young ,dumb full of piss & vinegar, & going to save the world:::

:Then reality sets in as you get into your 30's , 40's & 50's, you're not the smartest blob of protoplasm to crawl on the face of the earth, there will always be someone young kid barely out of diapers just a little better and someone with just a little more natural ability than you, someone who can run just a little faster or lift just a little better than you.

BUT : it's OK to be in the top 10%, take your drive to strive and always do better for your Patients, take the knowledge you've gained and pass it along to the cubs just starting out in the business`, who will have to learn the knowledge & ways of the world gained over a 4 decade career.

Yes they are running a fake online CCEMTP course at the college you mentioned. How good it is and how many folks have taken seems to be a mystery. There, you got a direct response to your initial post.

Ok, boys, settle down, this seems to have gotten blown way out of proportion to the level of offense that it seems to have caused both sides.

Let's go back to our respective corners and look for other threads to respond to.

My god, just stop. All you are doing is making yourself look even dumber, and even more like asshole.

Since you seem to take the most Umbrage with my comments

No one gave you any shit until your responses came back as snarky to several long time members here

Actually, if you have the ability, pull your head out and read the OP's comments. Not to defend him, but you'll notice that he actually acknowledges that he was using the wrong terminology and was wrong. Actually admits he made a mistake and was appreciative for the correction. Hmmm....

Asking whether the state of Mn would accept that particular course for licensing before you spend several thousand hard earned dollars would be a smart move .

I see. If you aren't smart enough to know that there are reasons to learn and get an education beyond a piece of paper with your name on it, then you aren't smart enough for a conversation about this particular topic. Move on.

When I was that young age an old fellow used to tell me to slow down and listen to what the old folks had to say about being in your twenties.

Young ,dumb full of piss & vinegar, & going to save the world:::

:Then reality sets in as you get into your 30's , 40's & 50's, you're not the smartest blob of protoplasm to crawl on the face of the earth, there will always be someone young kid barely out of diapers just a little better and someone with just a little more natural ability than you, someone who can run just a little faster or lift just a little better than you.

BUT : it's OK to be in the top 10%, take your drive to strive and always do better for your Patients, take the knowledge you've gained and pass it along to the cubs just starting out in the business`, who will have to learn the knowledge & ways of the world gained over a 4 decade career.

Exactly how large is your ego and how narrow is your tunnel vision? Does it always prevent you from making informed judgements, causes you to read books by the cover, make massive stereotypical judgements, refuse to listen, refuse to evaluate individual situations, and base everything off of "this is how MY world is damnit, and that's how EVERYTHING is!"

Yes they are running a fake online CCEMTP course at the college you mentioned. How good it is and how many folks have taken seems to be a mystery. There, you got a direct response to your initial post.

Seriously, just stop. All you are doing is making yourself look stupid. Maybe you should actually take a look at what the course really is before commenting...you might learn a little something...

Replies in red.

There is a time and place to treat people in a less than nice manner. There is a time and place for the equivalent of getting in someones face. But that time is when it's called for. Your little game of "stupid newbies, I'm a big bad (retired) EMT that knows all, they need to get in the corner till I say otherwise" that you pull out for every new poster is nothing more than ignorance, stupidity, and general asshattery. Your constant patting yourself on the back to the tune of "someone's gotta tell these punks how it really is" is just plain a nice excuse for acting like an asshole. Perhaps you should find some better ways to spend your time.

Just as a general aside to anyone else reading this; there are no moderators here right now. Which, personally, I don't think is neccasarally a bad thing. But the problem with that is that the forum has to be self-policing, which means when crap like the above gets spouted, it needs to made clear (especially to any new posters) that it's crap, not liked, not preferred, and not the standard response.

Otherwise...you get a nice dead forum. Like this this one.

Ok, wow, I have popcorn, this is good but in all seriousness. Back in the day when there were moderators on, this discussion would have likely been locked a while back.

Once the troll comment or other comments were made it would have been pointed out we don't call each other trolls here and then it might have or might not have been locked.

Again, my advice stands, we all need to step back, take a drink of Sassafras tea and end this back and forth bickering and move on to other threads as this one has run it's course.

I think this thread since it's past it's warranty should be locked - Admin any chance to do that since you are the only one to do so. If not I foresee my needing more popcorn and soda and maybe even 3D glasses.

Well then, judging by the majority of responses. I'll take the answer to my initial questions as a solid NO...and I will be sure to let everyone know how it goes with the whole Creighton shindig. Im sure all of you will be in high anticipation my review.

Yes please do because I'm thinking of supplementing my cont education with this course. What better course to take when I can take it online at home. YAY for the win.

It's good for hours for the state of missouri and that's really all that I care about, but the education material should be good to, it is Creighton by the way, the schools reputation I hope preceeds it.

But please do let us know, sounds like you made your mind up.