Beginning In fall

I'm 17 as of right now but i turn 18 in august, and im not really sure of what all i should expect when taking my clinical classes. As in what i have to sit in on (i heard child birth?) My college doesn't tell me i don't even know the price of the course yet! So i was wondering what all i will learn in that.

the odds of you sitting in on a childbirth are slim to none in an EMT basic class.

You might see a film on it in class.

Why, would that bother you????

It is part of what we need to know how to deal with in EMS as the baby doesn't always wait to get to the hospital before deciding it's time to leave the oven.

I don't think that childbirth is in your future my friend. I know of no EMT student who has gotten to witness one of those unless they were on the ambulance on the call. It's pretty cool though. So hope you do.

What you will probably get is 48 hours of ER time and 48 hours of ambulance ride time. Maybe more. But then again, I've been out of class for a while so I don't know what emt students currently get.

but learn, learn learn and soak it all up. You begin a lifelong learning journey.

No child birth does not bother me, not a lot borther's me really. I deal with things extremely well, I always have and im more of a hands on learner and i have ADHD and i love helping people so this seemed to be the job to be perfect for me!