Hello, My name is Stacy

scopelan21

I read a quote earlier that made me feel good about my job. I think it says it all. We won't be able to save everyone, we won't beable to heal everyone, but we should always be compassionate to everyone. I am paraphrasing here, but being compassionate is something that I know a lot of people I have worked with have forgotten or never learned how to be!

BTW, I am Stacy, an EMT on the North Shore with Acadian in Louisiana. I have been here 8 months, and was formally employeed with AMR CMS, in Jackson, MS. for 8 years. I love my job and am now in a place in my life where I can get through Paramedic School. I am near the halfway point, and enjoying all the new things that I am learning.

Stay safe out there, and remember that everyone deserves compassion... unless the pt is... ok, I am not going to finish that... smile it makes others wonder what you are up to.

• 4 weeks later...

Compassion is something that just isnt' taught, it's learned I believe.

Welcome to the city and have fun. There's a bunch of smart people, some smarter old fogeys and please stay away from IslandEMT, he's a good egg but rumor is that instead of biting people he gum's them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.