Calling All Old Farts --- Let's Reminisce Shall We ?

German ALS ambulances have to be equipped with a second stretcher holder, to be folded down from a sidewall or to be placed in holders in the side wall. I used them more than once to transport two laying patients. No young medics nowadays believe this, but I have a copy of the old equipment standards to prove. Then there were those rolling central vein catheters (you have to apply them like turning the wheel of a fishing line). Suddenly vanished somehow, after we stopped punctuating central veins on each and every CPR pt. around end of 1980ies. (Hey, I just realised, in September this year I'll be 30 years in EMS)

have to be equipped

Yeah. I remember EOA's. And I remember cleaning equipment for reuse. Not like all of the disposable equipment nowadays.

The hospital here still has Thomas Half rings hanging on the walls for use in Peds. :bonk:

Cleaning equipment, wow that is old school. I remember those days. The bloody cervical collar with the porous foam was good to go once you hit it with peroxide.

My old VAC is building a new headquarters and found a bunch of old stuff laying around. They've been putting pics of the stuff online.

http://shirleyambulance.smugmug.com/History/Equipment/37971131_Lgk3Pm#!i=3136145531&k=pBzdBWL

• Like 1

Yeah I remember cleaning EOA's and Nasal and oral airways for re-use. Some really nasty stuff came out of peoples bodies.

Worst times were when you ran the codes at a chili supper.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.