EMT to Advanced EMT

jodis.butler

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the site so I hope I posted properly. I retired from the US Army National Guard in 2012. I did a few combat tours as a 68 W. Just prior to retiring, I served as Combat Medical Instructor as-well-as an EMT B Instructor.

My licensed recently lapsed and had to re-take everything all over again so make sure you don't do that!

Anyway, I was thinking of going for the AEMT segment and would like to know if any of you have completed your Advanced EMT program. Did you find anything as far as resource material helpful? I have the 10th Edition of the Orangebook as-well-as student book, but really it does not get into detail of AEMT.

I would appreciate any feedback to help this EMT out:)

Respectfully,

I completed an EMT-I/85 to AEMT transition class and took the national exam and I currently teach AEMT classes. It will be roughly similar to EMT. You can expect an additional 200-300 hours of lab, lecture and clinical experience. You will dive into some concepts such as pharmacology and the human body in more detail and learn about a few new interventions, interventions you probably have a basic understanding of, being an Army medic. The registry exam is interesting, long and much more complex than the EMT exam. Good luck.

Welcome :D as for your question. I hadn't gone through the new AEMT course, but i did go through Wisconsins IT to AEMT refresher/ transition. Haven't actually challanged the National though so no clue on what may or may not help. my best suggestion though would be to try and get a hold of an I-85/ IV-Tech/ Intermediate Technician course book. They would give you a great view into the next level (its about 80 pages long if memory serves). Hopefully this will help, good luck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.