A Walk Down Memory Lane

ERDoc

My old VAC has posted some pics of equipment from the past. Wow, did it make me feel old. Here are a few pics from the equipment I trained on. They also have pics of stuff from the real old days (70s and 80s) that I will try to post when I can.

Plectron-XL_zps0ae59011.jpg

MAST-XL_zpsf24b1c06.jpg

ALSradios_zpsde25acf5.jpg

Thumper-L_zpsbac1a4c3.jpg

lp5-L_zps4e331dc3.jpg

laerdalheartstart1000semiautomatic-L_zps

Minitor.jpg

I've got a plectron in my closet here in my home. I took it from a previous service that was getting rid of it, The antenna's broke though. Bummed out on that one.

Of course it would, but you would be hard pressed to find anything else about me in EMS that qualfies me as such.

But of course, thes pictures are from your personal collection that sits in the trunk of your car in addition to your harrier jet and inflatable ambulance(for cases when you just can't get the ambulance anywhere else).

Do they help in any other way than sleep? You opened that door my friend. If you put wearing something to bed and whacker in the same sentence. Jeesh come on man, this is a family oriented website.

Haha! I didn't even think about it that way but I will say that the foot pump can be modified. Perhaps I have said too much.

Oh my god, that was so funny.

The scary thing is ::: I've used all of them except the heartstart many times during my career.

The heartstart was a piece of junk from the beginning.

when using the thumper and a demand valve resuscitator , you could drain every O2 tank on the truck in about 20 minutes flat.

the thermal paper on the LP-5 was a pain in cold weather unless you kept it in a heated area.

I still have a LP-3 in the barn that was in use up until about 15 years ago at a small service

I still have a LP-3 in the barn that was in use up until about 15 years ago at a small service

And here is another whacker, if you use ERDocs logic. But let's stop saying whacker, it's getting doc all excited.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.