Diver Medical Technician

Island she is doing great. Thanks for asking. Amazing little thing, she already has me around her finger hehe

Ruff. Shhhhh don't want to scare away any future partners lol

When the wind blows the right way, Even Baltimore gets a whiff of your Gas laws.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. You wanted to stay updated so I figured now would be a good time to start.

Well so far nothing much has happened yet. We did get our course material, forgot how many books are involved in courses LOL, and got some paperwork taken care of. Syllabus will be given in a few days according to the proctors. So far just some preliminary schedule info, 8 to 5 then dinner then ACLS afterwards so my plate will be pretty full. Dive chamber training and practicals are on days 2 and 3 so for anyone flying there will be no issues. That's about it so far.

As for the course materials. Wow. A lot to get through that's for sure. I do have a few weeks to study before class even starts but it will still be a lot. Some of the stuff I will really have to get my head around because I never used the information previously so it may take some getting used too. The ACLS stuff I think I need to shake the cobwebs out because I keep getting confused for some reason. I will get through it, just need to sit down and grind at it one day.

Now for some questions to you all to maybe help me along. Anyone have a good way of remembering the pharmacology? I have it on cards but can't seem to retain it well enough. Also any tips or tricks for IV and intubation? Hopefully I don't make you crazy with asking a questions.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Well I did it. Past my Boards. Talk about a rough class. Tons of physics involved, forgot about all that math LOL Then you through in gas laws and saturation tables. Then to make things interesting lets get into mixed gas and partial pressures. Took some time to find my groove with learning it all but once I did it started to come together. After the written exam I was on pins and needles waiting to hear. Finally I have heard and I made it.

Thanks to all of those that helped me along the way. Those that pushed me towards this goal I am forever in your debt. I will wear this new hat with pride and make my fellow Brothers and Sisters proud.

Thanks Island. Yes it is a short course with a ton of things. I was glad they give you the material ahead of time, I was able to start getting into it before actual class time. The class time itself was brutal we were going from 8am to 10pm or 11pm at night every night except the night before the boards. They let us out early to study.

I will say I learned a ton of things in that amount of time that I don't think I would have ever been exposed to otherwise. It will make be a better provider because of it.

I started working at my Dive job over the weekend so I am already putting it to good use.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.