Failed NREMT Again

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparantly it's not a sure thing. So how many more attempts do you get?

What were your results? Not the actual fail or pass but what did they say you were weak or failing on?

Not to be overly harsh here but that few questions usually means you either aced your questions or you bombed it so badly there was little point in letting you dig your hole any deeper. In your case we know which one it was.

I think at this point you need some additional help that may be beyond what can be offered here. You need a comprehensive evaluation of your results to determine what sections are proving to be difficult for you. You need training in test taking skills. You may need a more comprehensive review course. It's hard to accurately evaluate what you need without a lot more information.

You still get a sectional breakdown of the results, correct? A breakdown that lists the different subject sections and the percentage of questions you got right in each section? What is that showing you?

Since you title say AGAIN : I'm guessing this is at least your second attempt at the test.

What did you do different after your last fail to improve your test skills?

Did you take any of the online reviews and practice exams?

Did you review your coursework?

You might want to consider a refresher course before using your third strike at testing.

Needs some answers to help understand where you are coming up short.

As Mike pointed out above you obviously were in such a low percentage of correct answers that the adaptive test knew you couldn't be successful, no matter how many questions it gave you. Thats how the new testing model works.

Edited by island emt

OK : I think I see the problem Jeremy: According to yur previous posts from last september:

"quote

• Members
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

ffemt7922

U were an I99 and just had to take a refresher to get to the nremt? I am an I 99 in Iowa and I have to take the written no class but I am having trouble with the written. "

End quote

You are attempting to bridge up by taking the test with no additional education.

I can understand why you are having trouble being successful.

• rep_up.png

I appreciates everyone's opinion. I am a state medic in IA and have been for 5 years. I know I have the skills or I would not have gotten this far. I have completed what was called the PS class but got in to trouble with the state and was suspended and denied the PS as when I was reinstated I was past the 1 year limit. I have 2 attempts left between now and Nov. 2014. If I dont pass between now and then I will have to decide whether or not to retake the class to be eligible to take the NREMT again or drop to Advanced losing several skills in 2018 or go to Nursing school. I have tried refresher courses by Jon Puryear and the various options on Medic test.com with out success.

Paramedic Mike, they no longer show u the percents it is now just Above Passing near Passing or Below Passing. The results today we the most frustrating as the previous times I have failed I have gotten 120 to 125 each time. I had heard that when u get cut off early it is a good sign. Apparently not always when I walked out of there after the test I was excited just to be severely disappointed. Anyone else have any other ideas?

So in this thread (quoted above and dated Sept 2013) you say you're an I-99. Here you say you're a paramedic. Which is it? Are you a state certified paramedic but a NR I-99? Or are you an I-99 calling yourself a paramedic?

What kind of trouble got you kicked out of your class?

I don't know. You're 0/4. You may want to just bite the bullet, take the class again and don't get yourself kicked out this time around. If you're having this much trouble with the test it sounds like it'll be worth your while.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.