Hey guys just wanted to say something

MedicDelta

Good on you for finding the ability to self reflect. It will be one of the most important skills you have going forward both in life and EMS.

• Like 1

I'm really sorry for coming off as a completely ignorant teenager who's here to argue or something. I'm really not that guy. I said some things I regret and I'm truly sorry. I respect all of you no matter what you think of me for what you do. I hope you can all be a little more patient with me cause I don't have 10+ years in EMS, I have 0. I don't want to go into EMS for the glory or anything and I know it's gonna be tough but it's what I want to do because I enjoy helping people. I'm here to learn and I've already learnt a lot. So thanks for teaching me. There is no other job I want to do, this is it. And I'll listen to what you guys have to say because you know a hell of a lot more then I do. At the same time please understand I know my situation better then you do so before you judge at least let me explain it if I can. Thanks.

ok, this is the second time you've mentioned "your situation" please if it has that much to bear on your being here, please enlighten us with it, I'm sure that there are more here that have a similar story than you know.

When I started in volunteer ambulance/EMS, I was 19 years old, and full of myself. Turned out I really didn't know anything, but I was willing to learn. That was in the fall of 1973.

40 years later, at almost 60 years of age (another 2 months to go!), now 3 years retired from municipal fire service based EMS (non cross trained, EMS mission specific) but maintaining my "certs" as an EMT, I find that I know some stuff, am willing to share what I know, but know when to admit I DON'T know. That's a big thing in trying to maintain my "certs".

Yes, to a degree, I'm still a bit full of myself.

MedicDelta, welcome aboard, from one (former) teenager to another (soon to be former) teenager!

Edited by Richard B the EMT