Hello!

MedicDelta

I know you guys know a lot more then I do. And I am listening to what your saying but no one here knows my situation. Therefore no one here can really understand. But thank you all for your input

You're right. Nobody here knows your situation. However, we all have our personal challenges that we have either faced in the past or currently face every day. We have all found a way to achieve goals that we have set for ourselves despite these challenges. I have not seen anyone here use their challenges as a crutch to either limit themselves or excuse any lack of success.

So, no. We might not understand your exact situation. We can understand, however, overcoming obstacles that face us every day. Don't think you're alone in that struggle or that it is something nobody else has ever had to deal with before.

And don't use it as a crutch.

Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MedicDelta, as long as you get those pre-requisites in that have been mentioned.

A good chem class, several high level math classes, an anatomy class and a separate physiology class and the dreaded English Composition(yes that's very very important because you will be writing legal documents that WILL go to court) and being able to form concise sentences is a must.

Get a good foundation of basic courses and you will be WAY WAY ahead of most students in your course.

I also think we need to be reasonable about a few things. When people say chemistry, I don't think they mean you need to dive into Hartree-Fock approximation theory to predict energy levels of multi-electron atoms. Nor do I think when people say "advanced" maths that they are referring to stuff like linear algebra and differential equations. I'm not sure of the requirements in Canada, but I doubt the programmes mandate such high level courses. I'd focus on doing well in the required classes. Many places in the United States allow students to take allied health or medical physics and chemistry courses. If applicable in Canada, these courses will probably be fine. Perhaps you will be required to take a sequence if general chemistry or general physics, but I doubt you'll need upper level courses beyond the ones I outlined. Unfortunately, it's easy to misinterpret what people are saying. Good luck.

I also think we need to be reasonable about a few things. When people say chemistry, I don't think they mean you need to dive into Hartree-Fock approximation theory to predict energy levels of multi-electron atoms. Nor do I think when people say "advanced" maths that they are referring to stuff like linear algebra and differential equations. I'm not sure of the requirements in Canada, but I doubt the programmes mandate such high level courses. I'd focus on doing well in the required classes. Many places in the United States allow students to take allied health or medical physics and chemistry courses. If applicable in Canada, these courses will probably be fine. Perhaps you will be required to take a sequence if general chemistry or general physics, but I doubt you'll need upper level courses beyond the ones I outlined. Unfortunately, it's easy to misinterpret what people are saying. Good luck.

If you can add 5 numbers together and subtract one number from that answer, then you might just be ahead of 45% of your classmates.

I cant speak for anyone else but to add in my 2 cents for what its worth between high school and college to get into AEMT school and medic school afterwards ive taken physical science, biology, algebra I and II, geometry, anatomy, physiology, psychology, and composition and rhetoric. Im not sure there is much difference in canada but you will need at aleast a similar array of courses. Although i didnt take chemistry thats a hardship ill endure when i advance to medic school and take my pharmacology coarse. Also being certified as an EMR before EMT and AEMT school didnt hurt either.

Edited by mwc0404

I cant speak for anyone else but to add in my 2 cents for what its worth between high school and college to get into AEMT school and medic school afterwards I've taken physical science, biology, algebra I and II, geometry, anatomy, physiology, psychology, and composition and rhetoric. I'm not sure there is much difference in Canada but you will need at least a similar array of courses. Although I didn't take chemistry that's a hardship I'll endure when I advance to medic school and take my pharmacology course. Also being certified as an EMR before EMT and AEMT school didn't hurt either.

Composition and rhetoric, eh? How'd those classes work out for you?

I've been good lately. This time I just couldn't help it.

yeah yeah yeah, i can write properly just choose not to here online lol Prove it :confused:

I dont like punctuation! I also like my sentences to run and run and run. haha Ha ha ha ha it shows too

My comments in red.

Edited by Ruffmeister Paramedic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.