National Registry

Leprechaun

Hi all, I want to obtain my national registry and I have a query. Can I get my Paramedic qualification recognised and obtain registry or do I have to apply to sit the national reg exam? Can I sit this exam having studied and worked outside the US? Also, my current level would equate roughly as an EMT-I in the US. Thank you, Leprechaun. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their contact information is on the bottom of every page I looked at on their website:

National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians

Rocco V. Morando Building. 6610 Busch Blvd., P.O. Box 29233, Columbus, Ohio 43229

Phone: (614) 888-4484 Fax: (614) 888-8920 E-mail: webmaster@nremt.org

Understanding that it's an international call you might need to look into alternative methods of calling them (Google phone or the like). But they're they ones who will be able to answer your question. They will need to evaluate your education and make the determination if there is any way to transfer your education and/or experience.

For the record I have sent messages to NREMT at the email address listed above. It took a day or two but I did get a response. It is an account that is checked.

Thank you. I have dropped them an email and I'm waiting on a reply. Just off the top of your head, if I do have to sit the exam will they recognise my prior learning or will I have to partake in a training program there to be eligible to sit it?

You will have to take their computerized exam without question. Thats how they make their money.

as far as taking coursework :::

No way of knowing that answer until they review your prior education and training in prehospital Emergency Care.

They will compare your courses and see if they meet the same standards.

Edited by island emt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.