Recent Mall shooting - I was there - my thoughts

Just Plain Ruff

Grander scheme ==== I was at a very large petting zoo where the animals run loose -- the local squirrels are even trained to wait to be fed. All of the sudden, all of the deer, birds, goats, squirrels, sheltand poneys and everthing else was running in one direction, away from us, and nearly knocked us down. It was a clear, sunshiney day, nothing bad happened, but I noticed, and I became more aware of my surroundings for a few minutes (this was years before all the animals fled thialand before the psunami).

Bad things happen to good people; would you be less outraged if it were a fire or a tornado that made everyone run ? As long as their are evil people in the world, there will be evil events. I am actually quite shocked that we have not had more mall and school bombings (not shootings) than we have had. If I were a terrorist, and wanted to instill fear, I would be more prone to those activities to further my cause. Other generations faced guaranteed early death from disease, our's and the future generations will face the most likely cause of unexpected death as car accidents and terrorism. Its the world we live in. Glad you are OK.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.