AMLS Answer Key

Sure, your intentions may have been responsible. But you made no mention of following up with your instructors... something a responsible student would, should, have done first. Given the energy you took to outline what steps you took to follow up it seems reasonable to think that had you followed up with your instructors you would've also mentioned that.

Perhaps if you had read my entire post you would've understood the context in which my comments were intended.

I don't know what everyone's problem is, but thanks to you few, I've had just about enough of this site, and I sure as Hades will never turn to this site again for help. I said this in another post, it was a yes or no question. Instead, I've gotten nothing but condescending remarks, (implied) to be irresponsible when you don't even know me.

I've always tried to not go into EMS with that A$$hole mentality, but clearly, that's the only one that works. You try to go in, and be polite, and learn, and people just push you aside, and make you feel like an idiot. I always thought the, "I know everything" mentality killed patients, but, apparently, it's the only way to go in EMS. Thanks for the revelation.

Sure, your intentions may have been responsible. But you made no mention of following up with your instructors... something a responsible student would, should, have done first. Given the energy you took to outline what steps you took to follow up it seems reasonable to think that had you followed up with your instructors you would've also mentioned that.

Perhaps if you had read my entire post you would've understood the context in which my comments were intended.

"so when I go in for the class, I have a more firm idea of what I know vs what I think I know vs what I don't know"

I could have been more clear, yes. You, however could ask for clarification without being rude.

Friend, if you thought I or anyone here was being rude you are sorely mistaken.

"so when I go in for the class, I have a more firm idea of what I know vs what I think I know vs what I don't know"

Are you saying you haven't even take then class yet? If so...

...wait for it...

...That's exactly the point of the pre-test! It is to demonstrate what you know and what you don't know and what you have to learn! That's why they give the pre-test first and the post test last to demonstrate what you have learned over the course of the class. This isn't anything new in the way of EMS education. If the pre-test demonstrates you have a lot to learn, and the post test demonstrates a lot of learning, then you've gotten your money's worth. I'm not entirely sure where your problem is with this.

You take the pre-test, determine what you need to learn, then go take the class. The topics covered on the pre-test, along with a lot more information, will be covered by the class. Ideally, a responsible instructor will go over the pre-test at some point. Ideally, a responsible student will ask questions on topics s/he is not clear. Then you demonstrate your learning with the post-test. It's a simple concept that has adapted itself quite well to EMS training.

C'mon, man. You were in the Army. EMS is similar. Thick skin is better than thin. Nothing is personal until it is. Nothing you've gotten here has been condescending or rude. You could have been much more clear, yes. So be more clear in the future. We aren't here to butter you up. We aren't here to stroke your ego. We will call it like we see it. Sometimes we will be rather blunt about it. Other times we'll sugar coat things. But until you recognize that this isn't about you personally, we aren't making it about you personally, and there are no personal attacks on you (until some moron out there makes it a personal attack... those tend to be pretty obvious) then please lighten up and take it in the spirit in which it's intended.

You got exactly what you asked for (with the minor exception of the answers to a pre-test for a class it sounds like you haven't even taken yet). If you stick around you'll see that our approach isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.

modified for thought clarification.

Edited by paramedicmike

But the way this thread is going, I can't help but hear that in a sarcastic, and condescending manner.

Actually, my comments about the test/answers were about the only comment that weren't meant to be condescending. It was a serious thought as I believe that the ATLS pretest is proprietary (or at least used to be) so maybe these are too.

I was right. Condescending, and rude.

Nope, my answers that I gave were in response to Mike's question about the answers to the ATLS exam not to you original question. Think about them, I thought they were actually pretty imaginative.

As others have said, if you want to survive in EMS, you need to be thick skinned. Think of this as your probie hazing. Honestly though, you set the tone of this thread with your original post. You told us not to bother with sarcastic or smart answers (or however you put it). If you don't want the ball spiked, don't set it. The fact that you are still here, contributing to this thread and defending/attacking makes me think your skin may be thick. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say welcome. Will you accept the olive branch?

My God someone got Butt hurt over our comments. Is this the kind of person that the Army is putting out? (or was that too personal?)

But here is what you asked for reference I'm posting this in hopes that someone can help me find an answer key for the AMLS PRE test

You said you asked for a simple yes or no answer but I took it as you were looking for someone who could find you THE answer key to the AMLS pre-test - so I'll answer your question

YES indeedee, I sure can find you the answer key to that precious pre-test, as a matter of fact, I just talked to a AMLS instructor and I have the pre-test and the answer key in front of me on my desk. It's might just be the same answer key as the one I found on the internet which you said you already found.

So why are you so upset? You did ask for someone to find you the answer key, well I found it, where do you want it?

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.