3 ft fall spinal immobolization

zeektheman

These land pumpkins seem to continue their bloodlines without any skill put into it.

You need to remember that it takes absolutely no training or knowledge to reproduce future generations of progeny.

How would walmart survive without them??

Here is the NEXUS study:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM200007133430203

And here is the CCSR study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11597285

The NEXUS had an N=34069 and CCSR N=8924, I'll let you have a look through the rest of the stats so we don't clog up the thread. You are correct, there are stable cervical spine fxs. Pts in the NEXUS study ranged from <1y/o to 101y/o while CCSR uses an age over 65y/o as a high risk criteria. You are also correct about how cumbersome something is. The whole reason for designing clinical decision tools such as these is so that they are easy to use in the real world. If you have some monstrosity of an algorithm it is a useless tool.

Thanks for the links. I should have read both of these a long time ago.

Question : How many C-spine radiographs / CTs do you have to do to cause one terminal CA case, or preventable miscarriage / disabled child?

I'm sure someone has looked at this. But, being a thinking sort of person, I'm just curious as to how close the danger of radiographic clearance in medium-risk patients is, compared to the benefit of identifying a potentially disabling, fatal or irrelevant injury?

Also, re: statistics, the n-values seem quite large. I don't think I'll be amateur-sleuthing down that dark and tangled path. I far prefer selecting whichever arbitrary test produces significance in Statistica, Wilcoxon signed-rank test, n = 7, anyone?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.