Working in Saudi

I know there was a topic or two listed about working in Saudi Arabia. I had submitted my information to a recruiter. Ive done my research and looks like a decent job to consider. Their HR director has asked for a detailed CV after looking at my resume. I was wondering if there is anyone in here that has worked for or knows anyone who has gone to the King Fahd Military Medical Complex? My wife and I would love to go over seas for a couple of years to get a good change of scenery.

I can't help with your quest for information directly. However, I have known several couples who have gone to Saudi Arabia for a variety of reasons... mostly work.

All the wives, all of them, *hated* living there. The restrictions on women within the Kingdom are vastly different from what women are used to in the US or even the rest of the western world. Every last one of them said they'd never go back. The husbands all agreed.

They all understood the concept of "When in Rome...". However, there's only so much of the "Romans" one can take when their beliefs and lifestyle are so vastly different.

This is all second hand info received from the women/couples I knew who've lived there. Take it for what it's worth. Your mileage may vary.

What Mike said above.

The folks I know who've gone to the kingdom were surprised at the way women are treated as objects to be used .

They went over to train medics for the red crescent back in the early to mid 90's.

None of them went back after the initial contract.

There is a city member who is currently in the kingdom .

He had a thread on ambulances a while back.

Might be a good source for current info on conditions and local info on contract work.

Someone will remember his name and post here.

found it :http://www.emtcity.com/topic/24014-chase-car-specifications/

Edited by island emt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.