You might be working for Rural EMS If......

When your fire department decides these hats are better than helmets.

When its not a party until someone gets naked.

Taking pic's of your buddies and forgetting your truck has a FD plate.

Good ol back woods fire departments. Yee Haw! Now thats what i call a cow boy.

234.jpg

I just fell in love!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you not only know your pt, but also know your Pt's. grandparents, children and grand children.

-Dix

In that line of thinking, does the patient also know yours? It would sound reasonable.

How bout...

"L1 to L14....ya'll goin' to the squad meetin' tonight?"

"L14 to L1....Yeah, I goota stop and get my wife sumthin' to eat, she's pregnant, ya' know...again, then I'll be on up there."

"L1 to L14....Can ya stop and pick me up? My truck won't start again."

"L14 to L1.....Yeah, just be out by the road when I come by and you can ride with me."

I actually heard this conversation!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Your dispatcher tells the occupants of the local trailer park to activate their four way flashers on their home so emergency responders know which one it is.

I sense somehow that has actually happened to you...

...if you've ever had to tell your partner to stay in the truck when arriving at a patient's residence and there were goats/sheep in the driveway

...if you've ever had to roll the stretcher through horse and or goat dung to get to patient

...if you've ever called it a day because above goat was in the back of your ambulance when you returned with above patient

...if you've ever actually told the hospital OVER THE RADIO "sorry for the static, we were still out in the boonies..." (OOPS! :oops: )

If your ambulances are housed in a barn - then you work for rural EMS.

IF your barn has to company logo painted on the roof so that Life-Flight/ Med-Evac/ Med-Flight can find it amongst the other barns - then you work for rural EMS.

If you respond to most of your calls from a tractor or from your residence because there is no central command center - the you work for rural EMS

If you have ever taken the backroads because it is quicker than going on the main roads - then you work for rural EMS.

If your ambulances have mud tires for mud season - then you work for rural EMS.

If your patient begins to ask you how your sister/brother is doing during treatment because you both know each others families - then you work for rural EMS.

If your crew cheif has ever accepted livestock or land as payment for the ambulance bill - then you work for rural EMS.

IF your co-workers are also your cousins and/or your grandparents- then you work for rural EMS.

If you have ever had to pick up your kindergarten teacher to transport - then you work for rural EMS

-Dixie

• 4 weeks later...

When you have a fire call and everybody and their dog responds and no one stops to get the fire truck.

Your new brush truck came from the Government and its OD Green Camo color.

When one of the requirements to be on the Fire Department is what kind of combine do you own, ie. International, John Deer, Cat, etc. We have at least once a year a combine catch fire and it helps if you know how to disassemble it on scene to hopefully put the fire out, before it completely burns us. Usually they are history by the time the fire department gets there.

When you get a rescue squad call and they give the address, and someone calls back and asks who it is, and they give only the first name and you know exactly where to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.