Minneapolis/St. Paul Area Paramedic Ride Alongs?

engine173351

I'm currently a paramedic student in a Bachelor of Science in EMS program at a university in Nebraska. Field internships are primarily done through local fire and rescue departments, though we have the option of traveling to other agencies states to complete internships if the university is able to put a ride-along agreement in place with them. For spring break in March, I am interested in traveling to Minnesota to do an internship there. Does anyone know if the agencies (Hennepin EMS, Saint Paul Fire, etc.) in that area allow paramedic student ride alongs? Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your questions. However, both agencies you mentioned have websites with contact information. I'm sure a phone call or email to them will yield helpful information to you.

Be aware they may be legal and insurance arrangements that will need to be made between your school and the agency you want to ride with to cover liability concerns while you're a student. That may prove to be a pretty big sticking point. The individual agencies will be best able to discuss logistics with you.