Prescription Drug Abuse

paramedicmike

I'm sitting here with yet another script for norco.

I guess it is because it is needed, but withing the last year, easily been prescribed 500 over 500 narcotic pills.

She doesn't use them all. Actually hates them since she can't take ambulance duty. So yeah

I thought the first page of this link might be an interesting addition to the string.

http://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/USDHSFACIR/2013/11/14/file_attachments/251309/November%2B14%252C%2B2013%2BInfoGram.pdf

It's interesting how economies interact. Due to the attention of the opiate epidemic, less scripts are being written overall and there are crackdowns on pill pushers. This has driven the price of heroin up as there is more demand. Heroin has gotten so expensive that an alternative had to be found. Everyone say hello to Krokodil.

In my area prescriptions drugs have gotten to be more expensive than heroin. We're seeing a lot more heroin ODs than we were seeing just a few months ago.

That being said I fully expect that we'll see the price of heroin start to go up locally now that demand is increasing.

Doc, have you seen krokodil in your area yet?

It's interesting how economies interact. Due to the attention of the opiate epidemic, less scripts are being written overall and there are crackdowns on pill pushers. This has driven the price of heroin up as there is more demand. Heroin has gotten so expensive that an alternative had to be found. Everyone say hello to Krokodil.

I will never make the mistake of looking this up on youtube ever again :dribble:

I will never make the mistake of looking this up on youtube ever again :dribble:

this is the worst drug to come to the streets in years. I hope to never see it in a patient EVER.

Yeah, who would have thought that mixing codeine with gasoline, paint thinner, iodine, kitchen and bathroom cleaner, hydrochloric acid and/or red phosphorus from matches and then injecting it into your body would be a bad idea?

I'm curious if it would go well with a jet fuel chaser. Any volunteers?

Disclaimer:I am not advocating someone actually doing this. If you do, it is entirely your stupid decision and you are responsible for the outcome.