There's an app for that

ERDoc

I don't mind so much if the app is free but you have to pay a subscription fee, as long as they are upfront and honest about it.

They really aren't up front and honest about it.

they say there's a subscription fee but they don't tell you how much and when you download the "free" app you then have to pay 70 bucks for the subscription per year and on top of that you have to purchase an additional card and it seems that every picture you take you have to use that card or what not. that seems way too convoluted in a emergency case.

I might be reading this wrong, but there are just too many financial costs to this app.

How many medics need to know that they take metformin versus another medicine in the same class? Not many because it is NOT going to make a difference in our treatment plans for that patient.

I can see it's possible value in an overdose but I'm not going to spend some hard earned cash to get this app. Maybe if they were to come down in price.

But I do see their thought process in charging something as these apps and an app like this one is probably pretty darn expensive to keep updated but once you get the base database of medications out there, and you update to the most recent version, guess what, it's out of date already due to new medications, which of course every tom doc and harry put their patients on.

If a service wanted to get it, I could see it being worth it but for an individual to buy it for anything other than wackerism, it seems a little too expensive. You also have to wonder if it is worth it in the field. Are you going to spend more time on the scene taking pictures of the pills than it would take to get to the ER?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.