Paediatric transport restrains

Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking for restrains when we transport a child that does not fit in our stretcher's restrains. We use vacuum splints to secure babies but we don't have any good solution for bigger kids.

Is there a solution you've been using for a while, and you're happy with?

Thanks!

Here in nsw. We have the combi style kids seat...it goes from a baby capsule to one that fits a kit of 4 or 5 as a seat. The ambulance stretchers have dedicated mounting points for the correct and approved mounts for the seats.

Edited by craig

• 1 year later...

My neonatal/pediatric transport team uses the pedimate for any pt from 5kg to 20kg and an isolette for any patient below 5 kg. if you are using the pedimate on the stryker stretchers pay attention to the instructions on how to attach it to the stretcher it does not attach to them the same as a ferno.

Our captains chair has a fold down car seat for children to sit in however i have never scene it in use. We usually make an X with the stretcher straps and lay the child their so we have room to work or have the parent hold them on the way to the hospital.

Now that i think about it yes but that was the crew chiefs decision I was a ride along that night. I'm not sure how else we would have transported them considering one was having seizures and an obstructed airway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.