Hello from the UK

IcePax

Just thought I should stop by and say hello before I start paying elsewhere. I'm an EMT-B in England qualified through the AREMT (Australasian Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians). I have a day job that is not EMS related and I work freelance for a few private ambulance companies covering events and patient transport work. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me. (Can't guarantee I'll answer them all but....) IcePax p.s. The name comes from my involvement covering Roller Derby. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Welcome. So, did you bring the "Australasian Registry of Emergency Medical Technician" from somewhere in the Pacific or Australia even? Inquiring minds want to know, or at least this one. As I was going through my EMT Basic training recently and surfing the Net I've come across EMTs all over the world. I was a firefighter for the past 20 some years and enjoyed being a part of that international family. Now adding a new group to associate with.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Icepax, you guys in the UK (EMS and NHS) have a great sense of humour! (For all you Yanks reading this, that's British for humor) Have you ever crossed paths with Tom Reynolds (real name Brian Kellett), the UK medic who wrote the book Blood, Sweat and Tea...which was turned into the UK show Sirens?

Again, welcome.

Mike

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.