Mike Smith

As many of you are aware of, or are being told now, Mike Smith, Paramedic and national lecturer and instructor from Tacoma, Washington has passed away. Many EMS providers have listened to his lectures at numerous conferences throughout the US.

I as others did get to know Mike personnally, had a few brewski's with him, and gained insight to his vast knowledge in the EMS corridor.

If you had the opportunity to visit with Mike, please remember all the good things he brought to the table.

Mike and I talked at a Chicago EMS conference many moons ago when I was going through a tough time after being let go from a big city EMS system when I was first starting as an EMT. He said that he saw something in me that said to him that I wasn't done yet even though I was thinking of ending it all and following my father into sales.

He said that there was more to a career than this one EMS system and that he recommended that I return to school and finish out my Bachelor's degree and continue with my EMS aspirations once I got my BA. What a smart guy (I'm not sure if he took lessons from Dust or if Dust took lessons from him).

But I did just that and here I am.

Mike, you will be missed by me and by many many many others. Your knowledge made EMS a better field.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.