Cloudy urine in trauma

mobey

I recall those particular monkeys. My recomendation, particularly for those likely to remain in spinal precautions for a prolonged period, would be to use a spinal rated scoop instead of a board. The curve of the scoop, and the space between the halves in line with the spine, make it dramatically more comfortable. If you have a couple of those polar fleece blankets I know a great procedure to use them to pad up a scoop for those interfacility transports when a patient can't be cleared by x-ray. The average SMR practice in Alberta gives me nightmares when I think of the ridiculous number of unduly caused pressure sores that result from it.

I have used this "spinal system" method frequently in fact at one time it was SOP for any suspected spinals for AAA and it it is superior, not only increase bed sores, and decrease amounts of sedation required but can reduce the incidents of stress ileus ..

mobey I have little idea about the milkshake coloured urine , if I were to guess, perhaps an intra urinary polyps ... did it look white as in purulent ? Was pt running a temp ?

Another idea off the top of my head, you mentioned that ETOH on board .. perhaps pt had a preexisting infection and initially diluted with mega volume's ... just saying.

More queries:

1- Was there a demarcated level present in the urine bag ? am looking for a change of Specific Gravity

2- did you increase IV fluids gtts rate ? thinking, if this is Rhabdo then flush flush flush, well in any crush injury suspect really not a bad idea.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like your patient was developing Rhabdo. More than likely from his injuries and thrashing around on the board.

Ok Ok .. I got this.

Top sample: is orange juice.

The Bottom: Rum and Coke, no ice.

Edited by tniuqs

Why don't you give it a taste test and let us know if you are right, tniuqs.

Thank you for the more than kind offer, but until the "mobster" gets back to the thread I will hold off ... I would not want to destroy scientific evidence..

Hows that for evading the question ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.