Its been a while eh ?

tniuqs

I guess its up to we EMS providers to help our own, but now very some good news, a good friend, a past Critical Care Paramedic (PTSD) with world wide experience has purchased 55 acres of Raw Remote (no triggers even close) this in order to set up a retreat on the east coast of Canada, perhaps when I am more capable. I too will attempt to set up a sister "retreat" in Western Canada .... a not for profit / non governmental (although funded by Canadian Government and ps they don't know what is coming, quite yet ) For those to get out of Dodge so to speak and get back to basics of life, for the entire families of affected EMS providers. Now that I have a new purpose in life, as opposed to being house bound struggling to leave my home .. I do not wish this to happen to any of my brothers and sisters.. or my enemies.

Hey Squint - Check out Galt's Gulch in Chile. They have sort of done this. It's down in Chile. I'm thinking of eventually buying in down there or doing the same. Land in those places are pretty cheap and if you get the right places you can do it completely right.

• Like 1

Hey Squint - Check out Galt's Gulch in Chile. They have sort of done this. It's down in Chile. I'm thinking of eventually buying in down there or doing the same. Land in those places are pretty cheap and if you get the right places you can do it completely right.

I sincerely thank you for your support .. but Man, I have a difficult time just getting out of my G-damn house these days, just to get food, my new canine girlfriend, got me out to walk short distances almost daily, and tolerates me when I just cant go for a walk and she will not eat until I have finished. hence my lack of interest in food and not caring for myself, dropping from 200 lbs to 152 !... she is just a dog) but once again the focus in your link is on military not EMS. Somedays I believe that Front Line First responders are "a dime a dozen" or "disposable medics" .. as when I asked for help .. I went from HERO to ZERO in 24 hours.

I believe that PTSD should be changed to PTSI ... Post Traumatic Stress Injury, as does the homeward bound telethon show on PBS for the US War Vets, that suggested NOT to clump this in DSM criteria as a purely mental disorder, they call it PTS/TBI ... this square peg in a round hole that phyciatrists enjoy so much to attempt to classify (i.e. protocol/ criteria shrink monkeys) curiously enough and perhaps remove some of the negative stigma of a "mental disorder" or a nut bar mentality by the public at large.

As we learned from Dust's teachings that following a recipe make's one a COOK, NOT a CHEF... rings true again. Rob had soo much inner strength it was, well (fill in the blank) I just can not think of any word to describe him to do him true justice.

I will confide that just yesterday, my Son, whom is the genetic spitting mirror image of myself, @ just 21 years old is a better man than I am ! This after over 3 years of absolutely zero contact he reached out to his Father to help him ! and HE visited me ! We talked for hours and hours.. not Father and Son just close friends .. it was True Life Changing event for me, as prior to this I could not bring myself to contact him, possibly to shield him from my pain ? I cannot explain my actions better "inaction" clearly this minute. As some may know that PTSI seriously affects relationships very deeply that of loved ones.

Finding that my son and my adult male nephews (5) think I am one very cool dood ? WTF over ?? and do want to hang with me .. well, I am still gobsmacked beyond words.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

I think you might have hit the wrong site. Galt's Gulch is a community of people who sort of live off the grid and can be either as much a part of the Gulch community or as little a part of it as they want.

What link did you go to? Did you go to this one below?

http://galtsgulchchile.com/

I was thinking in my little piece of paradise that it would be a community of friends as well as EMS providers (as they make pretty good neighbors depending upon the provider) and if there was enough land I purchased, I would offer 10 acre farmsteads where you had access to the grid but you could also live off it completely.

Sort of a little piece of paradise with as little outside influence as possible.

Unfortunately I need a lot of money and I don't have it so it must, alas remain a dream.

My bad ?

Nope it would NOT work out, $$$$$$$$$$ just the idea of travel to another country would be unworkable.

That Said: I live (as do you) live in one of the most beautiful places in the world .. YES the concept is excellent in my purview... :punk:

For example, my ex Flight Paramedic Brother PTSI partner, becomes nauseated just at the smell of JP4 (jet fuel) for very good reason. (a Long, very Sad Story)

• 5 months later...

Its a little late but welcome back brother, good to hear from you! I am starting to feel "it" after almost a decade in the business and can only imagine how you are feeling and what you are going through, keep busy man. Know that I'm pulling for you and thank you personally for your contribution to our profession and all of your years of service. :showoff:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.