Worlds first ambulance for kids launched in Dublin.

Leprechaun

An ambulance designed by a charity in Ireland and supported by a private ambulance provider has been launched in Dublin. This vehicle has been specifically designed to make journeys for seriously or terminally sick children that need to make regular ambulance trips to hospital less stressful. Check it out..

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/world-s-first-ambulance-for-kids-unveiled-in-dublin-1.1518658

The Heffernans (sorry for spelling if wrong) bless their family. One kiddo died in an ambulance and another is terminal and has a year to live. And this family focuses on this project,That's pretty impressive.

Bless their souls, however the media needs to research this a bit better. What exactly makes this ambulance the World's First? I know of several pediatric ambulances that are very similar in capability.

Yeah. There are several in my area.

I guess it makes for a good news headline, though.

Maybe XYZ's area's First pediatric ambulance.

Childrens Mercy Hospital operates at least 3 peds ambulances. Only used for transports though, no emergency responses.

I would think that having a single ped ambulance in a city would make for a very difficult job for responding to emergencies.

I would think that the "worlds first" title was a bit of journalistic license.

• 4 months later...

It's not the 'worlds first paediatric ambulance', it is however the first ambulance (in Ireland anyway) that's sole purpose is for the conveyance of seriously and terminally sick children. It's not for frontline duties but rather to make a regular journey more comfortable with a child friendly environment. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the 'worlds first paediatric ambulance', it is however the first ambulance (in Ireland anyway) that's sole purpose is for the conveyance of seriously and terminally sick children. It's not for frontline duties but rather to make a regular journey more comfortable with a child friendly environment. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, duly noted, but they sure took journalistic license when they said it was the 'worlds first" which is NOT true.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.