Funny EMS Picts

jwiley40

The little old lady that says "My doctor says I'm allergic to epinepherine." Really? So you have an allergic reaction everytime you get startled? :wtf:

yr

So what treatment does the Dr or paramedics give in an anaphylaxis stiuation? Seeing that she us allergic to the most common treatment...

For anaphylaxis Epi 1:1000 0.3-0.5mg SQ then 25-50mg Diphenhydramine IV slow push. Maintain patent airway and monitor. However, I have never heard of anyone being allergic to epinepherine. Even a PA (he's deceased now) looked at me like I had a "horn" growing out of my forehead when I told him about this one. Still trying to figure that one out, considering the body makes it naturally.

had someone who was allergic to oxygen once.....

Allergic to it?......check closely and you will find the person that told you that is probably an Oxygen thief Bushy.......

Allergic to it?......check closely and you will find the person that told you that is probably an Oxygen thief Bushy.......

supposedly she went to hospital once and after they gave her "the oxygen" and later on she had a runny nose

Clearly allergic to oxygen

supposedly she went to hospital once and after they gave her "the oxygen" and later on she had a runny nose

Clearly allergic to oxygen

no clearly an oxygen thief......

no clearly an oxygen thief......

Call EMS she needs a continuous benadryl infusion to counteract the oxygen reaction

I had a patient tell me they were allergic to Ketorolac but they could take Toradol.

Another told me all they could take was Dilaupid for pain.

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

Or the patient that is allergic to Narcan because the call before, it was used and took away his "high." Ummmmm....right!

Or the patient that is allergic to Narcan because the call before, it was used and took away his "high." Ummmmm....right!

Do we have the same frequent flyer??? I almost burst out laughing when he said that to my Medic.

Had a patient that actually hurt herself on certain days becuase she liked a certain EMT and found out his schedule. Needless to say a schedule change was ordered and the local ED got her the help she needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.