Hi from Alberta, Canada

Susanna

Hello everyone,

My name is Susanna and I'm an Industrial EMR. I stumbled across this forum when looking for educational tips on NAIT.

My question is, does anyone have any tips for the multiple choice and scenario? I don't know how or what to study, has anyone recently tried out for NAIT or even better, an instructor?

Anyway, I think this website is really helpful and an awesome tool, so I'm glad to have found it.

I want to be a paramedic, I have a desire to help people and I'll be honest, I'm attracted to the brotherhood and the fact that we have to keep physically fit, what a great lifestyle! My working situation isn't currently 'ideal' however, its made me even more focused and determined on this career path.

Its great to say hello and I hope to follow in some of your footsteps soon,

God Bless.

-Susanna

• Like 1

Hello from a fellow Albertan!

I can't help you with NAIT specifically, but overall I can tell you that the passion you have already shown in your first post should go a long way at any interview. If you tell them why you want to be in an EMT program (and you are not a total bumbling idiot), if they refuse to accept you then they suck, and you need to find a new school!

There are some really good schools with some great learning opportunities here in Ab.

Prior to picking your school, I strongly suggest you decide if you'd like your career to be urban, or rural/remote based. Perhaps then I can point you at some fitting schools.

I appreciate your spelling and grammar in your post. It comes off very professional.

Take care

• Like 1

Hey Susanna, welcome to the City! We have a lot of really strong Canucks (I actually just Googled that for the first time, after using it for 40 years, and see it defined as "often derogatory in the U.S." Man, If I'd have known that I would have been using it more..) here, some of them even chicks! Others will stumble across this post and be able to give you good adice to add to that already given.

Welcome Jorge! Man, only just got here and already posted an educational cartoon?? Brother...That's cool as hell...

I look forward to hearing from you both when you have the chance..

Welcome aboard. I work out of Vancouver but did my EMT-P through SAIT in Calgary. Fire away with any questions you have.

Edited by rock_shoes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.