Kenny Stone - Sedalia Mo

The Missouri rural ems community lost a great one yesterday in Kenny Stone. While on the scene of a MVA Kenny started complaining of shortness of breath and was transported to a local hospital where he shortly coded and passed away.

He leaves a void in the management ranks of the Sedalia ems system as well as a void in the hearts of many people including myself.

I wrote this on facebook today.

Sad day for a group of EMS professionals in Sedalia MO. They Lost one of their own and someone who I knew as a friend from a long time ago. Kenny Stone passed away after working an accident scene.

Kenny was a very good paramedic and a great guy. One who would give you the shirt off his back and then ask if you wanted his pants to go with it. He was a fine mentor and a quality medic.

Although I only knew him for a short time many years ago, I still remember running calls with him.

Kenny, if there was any way that you were to be called home, this I believe was the only way you would have had it and that you would have gone kicking and screaming any other way. And that way was during the time of helping another person.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Sedalia EMS staff, the Fire community and law enforcement community as well as Kenny's own family and from what I remember a rather large extended family as well.

His life touched many many people in the area from the Golden Valley Memorial Hospital ER/EMS Team all the way down to Warsaw Lincoln EMS and beyond. I even think he may have made his mark in the Lake of the Ozarks region as well.

Kenny, your last page has happened, your last siren has stopped and your last IV was started. You now can rest easy, look around and say to those you leave behind, "YOU GUYS GOT THIS WITHOUT ME"

God speed Kenny.

Condolences and prayers to family and friends... sorry to hear a good one has passed on.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.