Hey all from Northern CA!

Scottj92

Hey all!! Like the title says just saying hi from northern California! My name is scott I am 20. I am currently enrolled in my local community colleges EMT program. Class starts 8/13 so needless to say I am extremely excited. I am currently certified for BLS for healthcare providers (pre-req for my class) I know for some of you that's probably not much and may even be an annoyance? My goal is to make my way through EMT-B and then go through the fire academy to become a FFEMT. I know that my education won't stop there though I hope to be a FF paramedic someday. My original plan for things was to be a Army combat medic but I'm DQed from the military (not for anything like crime or anything like that) so my next option was to become an EMT then I got talked into taking a ride along with my local FD and just absolutely loved it and everything they stand for. I never really knew or realized what the FD did I thought it was just helping with wrecks and fires but I was totally wrong! My main reason for joining this site is to be able to talk and learn from EMTs and Paramedics from around the country and to be able to ask tough questions I may not be able to get answered around where I live. All so to be able to discuss and bounce ideas off of other EMT students.

-Scott

Welcome Scott,

I don't see how someone who's excited about getting into EMS and helping people can be an annoyance? Go for it Scott! Thanks for posting!

Mike

Thanks guys! @Emergency laughter I mean about saying that I am BLS for health care certified. I had surfed this forum before and saw a few people had said the same thing and got ragged on for it so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on anyones toes and what not. I am definitely excited! I start class on tuesday and I can't wait to get into it!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.