Seeking information on Taylor Made Ambulances

Our service has historically used Excellance and Marque ambulances, and remounted them periodically. Recently our board of directors were convinced that a new Taylor Made ambulance from Newport AR, would be a good idea because its cheaper than the aforementioned trucks. I've always heard horror stories of electrical problems and how poor quality the craftsmanship is.

Can anyone provide me with documentation of problems with the trucks or company and/or contacts I can speak with. If you or you know of someone who has stopped using Taylor Made due to their quality problems, please contact me at firefighter_2000 AT hotmail DOT com, or just reply here or message me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless of who the manufacturer is, you should be able to find some service nearby that has purchased that product; solicit them for real feedback, not just anecdotal hearsay. Also do your due dilingence and compare "warranties" from several manufacturers, and realize that at the time of bid, you may be able to push a manufacturer to give you a better warranty than their standard (I got one to give me lifetime electrical without any hassle). More importantly, do your homework on which chassis is best (Ford, GM, Dodge, Mercedes). Your bosses are asking you to trim cost, which is not surprising in this economy; see if there is a way to keep using your current provider by cutting back on some of the "options" you usually order (can you use a smaller version, are there bells and whistles that you see as usual that others may see as frivolous).

The base cost of the purchase is just one factor to consider in the overall value; it is your job to prove what is the best "value" overall, regardless of price. Cheapest is usually not the best, but then again, the most expensive does not necessarily equal a superior product either. I would love a cadillac, but if my budget does not allow for it, then an upper-end Kia/Hyundai with a 10year/100k warranty may be a better value. Everyone is having to cut their budgets, and budgets will be cut, so at the end of the day would you rather have a cheaper vehicle or less pay or people on the payroll ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.