How are things in EMS (Wisconsin)?

Hi Folks,

Trying to help my little sister in law transition from North Carolina to Wisconsin. I am a paramedic here in NC and she is a cadet who has passed her EMT-Basic class and test; still waiting for the 18th birthday in a few weeks for her certification to be issued. Yes, I corrupted her with the dark world of EMS :) Unfortunately, my experience and contacts have fallen short of being any assistance in this move so far.

Anyway, she is moving with the parents to Wisconsin at the end of August. They are moving to the Oshkosh area and living in the Neenah area. She is going to UW at Oshkosh in the fall, undecided with college major for now. She really wants to volunteer and eventually work as an EMT in WI. She would like to consider Paramedic or Intermediate education there as well, but we are not sure where to start. Being from NC and 17 she has no fire background and no experience besides cadet.

Does anyone here know how the EMS systems there are structured and what her options might be? How is EMS education structured there? Any tips or advice you can offer one of our profession's young in this unknown land :) ?

Thanks a bunch for any insight you have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.