Rolling Stone Magazine Cover Featuring Boston Bomber

emt2359

I cannot say what I think. I'm not much of a fan of Rolling Stone so I've yet to read the article. I assume the article's conclusions are likely to be overly simple and myopic as we've yet to really have this situation play out in the courts, but that is simply a guess.

Bin Ladin was on the cover of one of the national magazines. The theory as to why, was either dartboard or urinal "targets".

My opinion? Publish the story, but not give the front page picture treatment. This is after recently being at a short seminar on how, in some societies within the mideast, family and friends throw celebratory parties to honor suicide bombers, complete to babies and toddlers being dressed in simulated IED bomb vests.

I would take it even further. I think the magazine has every right to publish their story, front page. It is up to the reader to decide if the story is worthwhile. I would not feel comfortable regulating a magazine publisher even if they publish ideas and conclusions that run contrary to my world view.

I'm really not keen to do so. As stated I'm not a Rolling Stone fan in general but I wholeheartedly support their right to publish this article and have the picture they used on the front page.