Zimmerman Verdict soon

Just Plain Ruff

I agree that the original situation has nothing to do with race and resulted from a buff/wacker who got a hardon getting to play cop. I disagree that GZ was not at fault. He made the decision to follow TM and is was GZ actions that led to the confrontation. It doesn't matter what kind of kid TM was. If he felt he was in danger he had every right to defend himself. He sees some stranger following him around a gated community at night in a car and on foot. The guy is obviously looking for trouble. TM had every right to stand his ground, which is what he did. Had GZ not created the situation TM would still be alive. I think federal charges are ridiculous. The guy was let off by a jury and that is the American system. It sucks but it is what it is. I have no faith in the juries of Florida anymore.

Iowa, I'm curious where you got your "facts" from. From everything I've read, the autopsy shows he only had a trace amount of THC, which could not have been used that night. I think that hardly makes him a drug addict. Again, even if he was a drug addict, it is irrelevant to the case.

I'm a white guy and not one to look at things from a race stand point but some stinks in the state of Florida when you compare this case to

I didn't state that TM was high that night but the fact he used and possibly dekt at his school was brought up by classmates as well as his twitter account which was released as Google cache.

Again I agree that Zimmerman made some poor choices that resulted in TM being shot but none of his actions were against the law in Fla or any other state.

TM had the right to defend himself or stand his ground (not relevant to this case) buy even if you go against eye witness testimony and state unequivocally that Zimmerman was the aggressor then TM was within his rights countering Zimmrrmans aggressions up and to the point that he had Zimmerman mounted and throwing punches. At this point TM or anyone else by law has the duty to stop the attack.

I'm speaking only with regard to the law and there is simply no way given the facts presented they could find Zimmerman guilty. You can disagree with the self defense laws, you can assume or create what is in your opinion more likely scenerios as "what actually happened' but according to the prosecutions case you can't say he should have been found guilty

Edited by Iowa Medic

The attack happened at Zimmerman's car. Zimmerman was back at his vehicle (admittedly after following TM "to see what he was up to".). Zimmerman's neighborhood had had multiple burglaries and NO arrests over 18 months. That's why Zimmerman called 911.

TM confronted Zimmerman at his car.

I honestly do not think any of us can say with any certainty exactly how things went down. It is pretty easy for us to arm chair quarter back this to death, but what a tough job the jury must have had. I am not really all that keen on the speculation and baiting that can be derived from this situation and I cannot think of an outcome where all involved including the nation in general would feel as though the justice system provided optimal results (With the exception of the confrontation not occurring in the first place.). This is the problem with humanity, the ambiguities and imperfections lead to imperfect systems. I hope that the national dialogue that results is productive and it clearly illustrates that we have much work to do as a nation.

It doesn't matter if his actions were against the law or not, what matters is if his actions resulted in the death of another. Now Kaisu, if you are correct (and I'm not saying you are or are not because I honestly don't know) that GZ was walking away and getting back in his car then I would agree that TM had no right to attack him. Again, where is anyone getting their info from (we are usually pretty good about providing sources on this website)?

I apologize Doc but on my android I am unaware of how to open multiple screens which would allow me to cut and paste links. When I am near a computer I will point you to sites with the information.

The daily caller has the tweets from Martin with regard to drug use, street fights etc. There are several websites with witness testimony that recounts Martin mounting Zimmerman and striking him.

YouTube has all of the 911 calls to hear the screams for help immediately before the gun shot.

Again when I am on a computer I will do a better job supplying the data.

Also, with regard to the law not mattering... I have stated in most my posts that I font doubt Zimmerman in fact made several poor decisions leading to TMs death but having said that strictly speaking about the verdict there is no way anyone could find him guilty.

morrally is a completely different story

No problem Iowa. I didn't realize you were on a phone. As for the screams for help, no one has been able to agree on who's those were. TM's family say they are his screams, GZ's say they are his. The problem is, with a murder trial, there are two sides to the story, one of which can never be told.

Agreed.

I have stated in my opinion Zimmerman was a little man with a hero complex and made a series of poor decisions but the state never had a case against him due to the limited physical evidense and eye witness testimony at the very least not contradicting his story.

The media attempted to paint him as a racist and again the data collected by the FBI revealed the opposite of their assertions.

I have multiple weapons and a carry permit to go along with extensive training. I am all for the right to protect life and property from those who intend on taking either but this altercation should have never happened although technically not against the law.