Zimmerman Verdict soon

Just Plain Ruff

Are you high????

Seriously, calling anyone who lives in a northern smaller town with a small black population racists? I am also from Colorado Springs. I must have lived in a different area than Dwayne because we had a pretty decent amount of minorities.

Maybe minorities dont choose to live in small towns where there is not many black people because they choose to stay near their families? Maybe they choose to stick where they were raised? Maybe they don't want to live in a town full of white people, I don't know. However I am friends with 2 of the black people in our town and they enjoy living here. They have never run into any kind of racism here. They moved here because of a job transfer.

That post above was one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on here. Way to play the racist card!

Bahahahahaaha I'm staying out of the racism debate but dear lordy that just made me laugh...thank you for that Mari!

/>

Bahahahahaaha I'm staying out of the racism debate but dear lordy that just made me laugh...thank you for that Mari!

lol, usually when someone says something stupid I ask if they smoked crack or something but I say that being turned somehow upside down, backwards and pulled through his butt cheeks

You're in the Springs? Let's have coffee when I get home! I'll buy!

I was. I lived on ridgeglen growing up. Near where academy and union meet. I moved with mom to Denver, Greeley and eventually upstate NY. However I spent summers and holidays with Dad. He moved to Briargate when I was 11.

I moved from NY to Colo Spgs again full time when I was 18 and lived in Cimmeron Hill's off powers. My ex and I divorced and his best friend was murdered Jacine. Very high profile. Also a friend of mine was killed by hubby. My new husband and I moved back to his home town in Iowa.

I go back often. However my father has moved down to the base of a mountain near Canon city

But I'll take you up on coffee as I go through. We will get Scuba to join too

• Like 1

Did someone look in a mirror and say, "Crotchity" three times?

I grew up in the shadows of NYC and I can say pretty confidently that there were a few minorities around. I don't base my comment on anyone's race but on how this whole thing has evolved already. It's a media circus and more powder is being added to the keg. Personally, I don't think it had anything to do with race but the media has spun it that way. To me it was just a buff/wacker who couldn't get a real badge that wanted to play cop and got burned.

EDIT: Mari, totally off topic, but where did you live in upstate NY?

Edited by ERDoc

Coming from the second whitest state in the nation, I will say that I have several close friends acquaintances that are black and don't buy your bullshit Mikey.

The reason more minorities don't settle here?

It's cold, It's expensive to live here and did I say It's COLD here.

It's also hard to find southern delicacies such as hog jowls , pigs feet and grits here. I know I love grits and have to special order them.

This case has little to nothing to do with racism. It has to do with a neighborhood watch member that chose to have a confrontation with the teen who didn't belong in their exclusive community. He was told to back off and chose to confront the teen.

In that area of Florida they are both in the Majority rather than being minorities.

Checking my racist handbook (we in the south are all give one at birth). First rhetorical comment to any comment that suggests you might be racist (thumbing to page 5); state you have "2" black friends, or you have a black in your neighborhood (but never say you have dated one, that is a bridge too far).

Why are blacks so intolerant of the cold in the North ? As I understand it, blacks are thriving in Europe and Canada, I guess they are special blacks. We whites can argue this all day and night, you would need to really ask blacks why they choose to live in area that is so inhospitable to them if that is what you think the south is, and also ask them how they survive economically in an area that only lets them pick cotton. "Blacks choose to live in the south solely because of the climate" (not a quote, but consences of comments); Really, Really, Really ??????? -- and my comments were considered the dumbest ????

P.S. : Island EMT, you meant watermelon and chicken.

Edited by mikeymedic1984