Accelerated/Cheap EMT-Basic in Colorado

G'morning, Ladies and Gents!

I'm brand new to the forum, and I came here looking for help finding accelerated/cheap EMT-Basic classes in Colorado, so if you know something I don't, I'd sure appreciate the help smile.gif. I've already exhausted everything Google and Bing could tell me, which is like trying to get tech support from an East Indian phone center, so please don't give me search results that you just pulled up from either of those two. I will stress the words accelerated and/or cheap, as those are all I'm looking for. I've been privy to too many debates about whether fast is better than/equal to/inferior to traditional-length programs, so please don't make this an argument/intervention. I'm not looking for a doctoral EMT-B. I just want to get my certification as fast and cheaply as possible, since I need to have it before I start paramedic school in January. Any thoughts? smile.gif

Coney Fox

Just a thought, how bout taking a regular emt class. I mean you have 5 months and I don't remember EMT class taking more than 4 months.

Just how fast do you want to get through class?

Ok Zero to Hero, here you go Maybe this fits your criteria. Can't say that this will get you your EMT in the time that you need it but maybe it will.

http://www.emtfiretraining.com/?gclid=CPT4iIOeqrgCFYai4AodC2AAmw

Just a thought, how bout taking a regular emt class. I mean you have 5 months and I don't remember EMT class taking more than 4 months.

Just how fast do you want to get through class?Ok Zero to Hero, here you go Maybe this fits your criteria. Can't say that this will get you your EMT in the time that you need it but maybe it will.

http://www.emtfiretraining.com/?gclid=CPT4iIOeqrgCFYai4AodC2AAmw

mine took 9 months. 2 semesters. It wasn't a typical EMT as they were offering it as a 6 credit elective for college credit.

We had more intensive A&P, phisology and our class took field trips to care centers to do blood pressures and assessments at retirement homes and stuff. The residents loved the company and we had refreshments and stuff

/>

EMT may be a prerequisite of the program but it is not necessary to be a good paramedic.

I am going to politely disagree. I said a good EMT.

EMT is learning the basics. I think a good start would be crucial. I don't think any paramedic program wants to be reteaching the basics. Good assessment learning, good standard card, good bls treatment needs to be learned.

I am going to politely disagree. I said a good EMT.

EMT is learning the basics. I think a good start would be crucial. I don't think any paramedic program wants to be reteaching the basics. Good assessment learning, good standard card, good bls treatment needs to be learned.

There have been many discussions on this very topic here in these forums.

A good paramedic program will produce good paramedics no matter their background.

Just like a good nursing program will. Just like a good medical school will.

• Like 1

There have been many discussions on this very topic here in these forums.

A good paramedic program will produce good paramedics no matter their background.

Just like a good nursing program will. Just like a good medical school will.

But that's not at all what this person is wanting. he/she simply wants a quick down and dirty emt class so that he/she can get in to the paramedic program in January. And I quote "I just want to get my certification as fast and cheaply as possible,"

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

That's certainly what it sounds like, isn't it?

ETA: I'd like to see the OP return and offer perhaps some explanation or insight for what s/he is planning. You'll forgive me, though, if I don't hold my breath.

Edited by paramedicmike

For the record, and maybe I'm showing my age, but my biggest issue was with the attitude of, "Could you please help me, but while doing so, don't waste my time with any of your happy horseshit...I've never done what you do, nor know anything about it, but I know enough to know that other than, within this tiny window, you have nothing of importance to offer me because I've already Googled EMS and know all about it..."

It's just such a common, and poisonous attitude in EMS...

• Like 3

For the record, and maybe I'm showing my age, but my biggest issue was with the attitude of, "Could you please help me, but while doing so, don't waste my time with any of your happy horseshit...I've never done what you do, nor know anything about it, but I know enough to know that other than, within this tiny window, you have nothing of importance to offer me because I've already googled EMS and know all about it..."

It's just such a common, and poisonous attitude in EMS...

agreed.

Well you get what you pay for...........quick and cheap normally is.......