Wiring two light heads to my POV?

Okay so i just bought two SNGL3 light heads from sirennet. My plan it to wire each light into my car's fuse box with 10 amp fuse taps, connect a switch to one light, and sync the two lights using the sync wire. Would this work so that the lights will flash only when I hit the switch? Anyone wire grill lights to their POV before? If so how did you do it?

I can ask the hubby but I'm sure he's going to laugh... Don't do this buddy! More often than not, this will be laughed at.

I live in an all volunteer area. everyone has a dash light and two grill lights at least. My little setup here is nothing compared to most members of my squad. For instance, my friend has this setup: Star High-Intensity StarBurst Phantom

Whelen Avenger Dual

(6) SNGL 3 light heads

SNDL3 Deck light

Yea, so if my dash light and two grill lights is too whackerish for y'all, then don't reply to the post in the first place.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a wild ass guess that you are in NJ.

Home of the first aid squad nation and whacker central.

Crappy protocols , petty squabbling and million $$ squad buildings with bars in the back room.

The last time I had to go to NJ to pick up our new ambulance at the PL custom Factory , we stayed at a Hilton inn not too far away. while we were sitting there having our morning coffee & breakfast there was a parade of vehicle that came screaming by with more lights than our new ambulance.

The best one of them was a rusty clapped out toyota supra with four different color doors and fender panels from the junk yard on it from the 80's that had a light bar on the roof, headlight flashers, tail and turn signal strobes and a rear window set of LED's.

The value of the car was way less than the cost of all the whacker lights bolted onto it.

Our salesman explained that it belonged to an asst chief of the local first aid squad and he was a proud EMT-B with the local service well known for trying to have the most lights in town.

Pretty crappy care doesn't matter if you have lots of lights on your junker.

Edited by island emt
  • Like 1

I live in an all volunteer area. everyone has a dash light and two grill lights at least. My little setup here is nothing compared to most members of my squad. For instance, my friend has this setup: Star High-Intensity StarBurst Phantom

Whelen Avenger Dual

(6) SNGL 3 light heads

SNDL3 Deck light

Yea, so if my dash light and two grill lights is too whackerish for y'all, then don't reply to the post in the first place.

No bro, your reply is fairly whackerish though.

• Like 1

You'll find this opinion on this site frequently. Granted when I replied I was in a crummy mood, but still. We welcome you with open arms, but you won't find advice on wiring POV lights here. It's just not the kind of forum we typically are.

Sorry bud.

This is one of those instances where the local environment varies greatly. The culture and attitudes that are tacit in one area are considered "whacker" in another. I think generally speaking, at least on this site, progressive EMS emphasizes professional response in ambulances under medical control and oversight. Thus. issues of POV response are met with derision and a lack of interest/expertise. Personal attacks on individual posters are bad form and unhelpful.

OP, I'm sorry but I don't think you will get useful information on POV lights here. You will get laughed at.

• Like 1