just saying hello from charlotte, NC.

EMT613

Hello all, my name is Jeff and i was, after the most harrowing trial of my life inorder to attain it, certified as an EMT-B! Didn't think i had it in me. Have not worked in the field yet but can't wait, and am going through the hiring process for two different counties EMS agencies right now. Have many questions but will post those on another forum. Shalom!

• Like 1

Welcome. Congrats on passing.

Now the real work begins when you hit the streets.

Dont be shy around here, pull up a chair and ask away. In my experience here there are no dumb or bad questions. You have alot and I mean ALOT of truley wonderful, intellegent, and experienced folks around here. Pick our brains!! Remember we were all where you are now at one point (although some my never want to mention it hehehe lol)

Enjoy the site.

Welcome 613...

As said by others, don't be shy. There are a lot of things that you've just learned that many more experienced providers may not have thought about in a while..

Jump in Brother, and let us know how it goes with the interviews?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late in welcoming you, but, welcome.

Congratulations on passing. Quite an accomplishment. Everyone pretty much said what I was thinking. You're going to want to study three times as much now than you ever did in school. Just get used to it, cause it never stops.

The patient comes first.

Enjoy the ride!

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Much of what laughter said but one other big thing - look both ways at all intersections. Hopefully you will get that training in your new hire orientation.

Congratulations Jeff,

Good move joining this site. It's a great place to get straight, honest answers. I mean, not from me, but you know....everybody else.

Good luck with the job hunt!

Mike

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.