2nd attempt at emt b

To some degree, can you blame them? The stakes of the testing they administer is high. It determines who will or will not get into their chosen field. There is an enormous reason to cheat and it has happened. Future doctors and lawyers are type-A, gunner personalities who will usually stop at nothing to achieve their goals.

To some degree, can you blame them? The stakes of the testing they administer is high. It determines who will or will not get into their chosen field. There is an enormous reason to cheat and it has happened. Future doctors and lawyers are type-A, gunner personalities who will usually stop at nothing to achieve their goals.

Good lord no, I watched some of the people watiting to take the test and they were so high strung and had so many high tech devices with them that the lockers provided may not have fit everything they had. If they could have cheated they would have.

but the means they went through to keep the stuff out was really far reaching, nearly to the point of a strip search. Not really but memories of the TSA were there.

the desire to bring more into the testing room was there even for me and I wasn't really even that hell bent on passing my test, but I did want to pass don't get me wrong.

Lol, no offense at all, but had I been the one administering the test I would have told you to reschedule for a time when you didn't need your coffee and moved on. The place I tested at would have not blinked an eye at denying me to test had I made a deal out of it. But I don't blame you. Give me coffee! !

• Like 1

I was not allowed anything in the testing room with me when I took the PANCE. I had to turn my pockets out to prove they were empty. My back pockets were checked to ensure they were empty. No watches. No food. No coffee and certainly no water.

What's more I can understand why they have to be so strict about it. I didn't care at that point, however. I was just so burnt out I wanted to get in and out as quickly and as easily as possible.

Then I went home and slept for a week.

• Like 1

Actually, I'd be willing to bet that I can figure out several ways to cheat with a coffee cup with coffee in it that I couldn't pull off with a transparent water bottle...

They are pretty hardcore, but you know what? When I took the old, paper NR, you could see people cheating all over the place. I worked hard to know my stuff, those that didn't work hard enough, I want them gone, not sharing my ambulance..

Just pour your god damned coffee into the bottle Island...friggin' hardass...

Besides, I'm with Mari, you already paid, I've got your money, I'd have thrown your old ass out... :-)

I think the young lady running the test site felt sorry for this old guy that could have been her grandfather.

It was a state gas piping licensing exam and she thought i must have needed it to eat.

She did get all red faced when I offered to take it au natural. probably never seen an old naked guy. But then again maybe she has :innocent:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I ever get divorced I think I am going to fly a lot more. Sure it's expensive but at least you don't need to worry about an STD from the groping.

I don't know, it depends on who they just touched and whether or not they changed gloves between touching.

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

Give me coffee! !

Patrick Henry may have said "Give me liberty, or give me death!", but I choose to adapt that quote....

GIVE ME COFFEE OR SOMEONE IS GONNA DIE!

• Like 1

Off topic, but cheating is an interesting thing. The last time I cheated, I was in middle school and rather than memorise the periodic table, I drew it on my hand and cheated. Unfortunately, my "friend" who also cheated was caught and ratted me out before I had the chance to wash my hand. I think the only lesson I learned at that point was one about snitching and trust.

Anyway, I have never cheated or considered cheating on these types of exams and all of the security made no difference. It's hard to explain, but I'd rather fail than know I didn't really pass. Knowing that I did something on my own is simply more gratifying. I am a type A person and I am absolutely terrified by failure, but I'd rather fail honestly. The thought of being so incompetent that I have to cheat is a greater failure IMHO.

With that said, I'm a pretty mediocre guy in the overall intelligence and humanity department, therefore I cannot assume that I have a better ethical code or moral compass than most everybody else. I have to assume most people are honest? It's too bad we all are inconvenienced because of a presumably small number of people?

With all that said, the NREMT testing process does seem to be well organised and administered in a self consistent manner that delivers reliable results when compared to many of the other alternatives such as filling in scantron bubbles and looking at a recycled paper booklet exam where you can see the erased marks of the candidates past in addition to the occasional missed scribble and call this # for a good time comments found within said state EMS exam booklet.

Not saying I had this experience when I had to take the state EMT-Intermediate exam before we transitioned to national registry...

Wow, what a rambling post. Sorry all. I think I went bug nutty after spend most of last night doing chi squared calculations for a homework assignment and took my craziness out on the city.

• Like 1