2nd attempt at emt b

With all that said, the NREMT testing process does seem to be well organised and administered in a self consistent manner that delivers reliable results when compared to many of the other alternatives such as filling in scantron bubbles and looking at a recycled paper booklet exam where you can see the erased marks of the candidates past in addition to the occasional missed scribble and call this # for a good time comments found within said state EMS exam booklet.

Not saying I had this experience when I had to take the state EMT-Intermediate exam before we transitioned to national registry...

You mean you sat for the State of Missouri test too?

I remember that test well. I remember everyone who was taking the test from class would get together the day before the test and we would get our test question numbers assigned. We would then try to remember what those questions were all about including the 4 answers. After you got done with the test you quickly went out to your car or to your books and wrote down exactly what you remembered for your 2-5 questions you were responsible for. Then someone would compile all the questions into a test bank and that would be the study guide for the next class of medic students or emt students.

I took a copy of the test guide but quickly realized that this was wrong and how was I going to really know if I passed the test on my merits rather than the merits of some other student who cheated on the test before me. I decided to not use the test guide and I scored a 84% which I'm sure i would have scored a much higher grade had I have used the guide but it would not have been "MY" score.

I got criticised by the other members of the class when I didn't bring out the questions that they asked for.

• 4 years later...

Don't give up! I am basically doing the same thing, only this time I am doing it for a job!

All of the class stuff with come back. But like myself, we have to change up a bit, because we didn't retain something.

good luck!