2nd attempt at emt b

I took the EMT-B course last year also a summer crash course, I was much more confident then and fresh I could say, attempted the NREMT twice and did not pass it, It doesn't really phase me I will do whatever it takes to pass that exam.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever been in my situation, this time I am going to really focus and study a lot more, we are using the orange AAOS book in our curriculum and EMStesting.com

from personal experience I feel that emt-national-training.com is a great study guide, just for that extra assurance I'm going to use that as well.

Thoughts and comments please guys just so I know what direction to continue or head in

• Like 1

Your personal experience shows it is not that great of a study guide. I would try jb learning or Vue.

Maybe tutoring or a brush up prep course?

Good luck!

• Like 1

The fact you state "this time you are going to focus and study a lot more" relays to me that you were either not serious or thought it was going to be an easy task the first two times........

Whilst being an emt-b in the states is a lot easier than here, you still need to put the effort in....don't be complacent, do the study, check out more sites to prepare.....ask for assistance.......his is up to you, no one will give you the qualification you seek if you don't show you have worked for it

Good luck

• Like 1

I don't mean to bust anyone's balls here, but if you're not 100% committed to studying to pass the NREMT (I passed NREMT-I first time), then it really sends up flags as to what kind of provider you're going to eventually become. This field is oversaturated wtih mediocre providers, followed up by those that do just enough to get by and get themselves in over their heads (seen it too many times to be told differently).

EMS as a whole needs to stop catering to the 'lowest common denominator' and really become more selective about who it lets into the classroom....

• Like 1

I never took the NR as NY was not an NR state but maybe someone who has been through both can answer a question. How does the NYS exam compare to the NREMT exam? The NYS exam was a joke but I hear a lot of people saying the NR exam is a bitch.

I thought the NR was adequate. Hard enough to weed out the ones not dedicated. No so hard it couldn't be passed..

• Like 1

The exam is written to a 9th grade education level.

Yes the computer adaptive testing is a different challenge, It still requires that you have good comprehension of the course knowledge and were actually awake in class & not playing or texting on your phone.

anxiety is high, Especially after being strip searched by the Pearson Vue gestapo folks to get into the testing sites.

• Like 1

The exam is written to a 9th grade education level.

Yes the computer adaptive testing is a different challenge, It still requires that you have good comprehension of the course knowledge and were actually awake in class & not playing or texting on your phone.

anxiety is high, Especially after being strip searched by the Pearson Vue gestapo folks to get into the testing sites.

Ah, good to know you guys get the same molestation we get at Pearson.