Cardiac Arrest, Hypothermia, and Resuscitation Science course

Coursera.com has the above listed course that will run for about 6 weeks. Not sure of CEU's that you can gain from this course but I think that it will be beneficial to all who sign up.

Here is the actual link to the course https://www.coursera.org/course/cardiacarrest and if that link for some reason doesn't work

www.coursera.com and do a search for Cardiac Arrest and that will take you directly to the course.

I'm taking the course, it starts TODAY but you can join at any time in the first week or two and be able to catch up since it's a video/online course.

Here is the synopsis of the course:

this course will explore new breakthroughs in the treatment of patients during cardiac arrest and after successful resuscitation, including new approaches to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and post-arrest care. Topics will include: (1) the underlying challenges of cardiac arrest in public health, (2) the important role of chest compressions and ventilations, and new thinking about how to improve these approaches in resuscitation care, (3) the role of defibrillation and the exciting growth of automatic external defibrillation (AED) programs, and (4) the new science of targeted temperature management, also known as therapeutic hypothermia, to improve brain function after circulation is restored. This course is designed for a broad audience including the lay public, emergency medical personnel and other health care providers.

Hope to see you there.

lets hope for better in the next 5 weeks.

my hope for this course is that it is not just a rehashing of his 2 day intensive boot camp spread out into 5 weeks of class. I'm hoping to learn a lot more than what his 2 day course will teach.

http://www.med.upenn.edu/resuscitation/hypothermia/HypothermiaTraining.shtml

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.