Observing/Ride alongs?

Pose

Hey bandaid... I know what you mean. I live in PA too. It is really kind of scary!

I heard they were going to do a first responder class at Townville VFD and I almost threw up. Pleeeease no first responders!

Oh have you heard anything about bringing EMT-I to PA?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's part of the proposed changes to Act 45. If the changes pass it'll mirror (for the most part) the proposed National Scope of Practice model. I think they're even calling it an "Advanced EMT" or "AEMT". It will also add a pre-hospital PA level.

I've read the proposed changes to the act. I'm not overly impressed. I've never been a big fan of the intermediate level so I may be a little biased in this respect.

We'll see what happens.

-be safe.

Minnesota is the same way, 8 hrs BLS, 8 hrs ED, and the offer of 12 ALS optional or 6 hrs on a paramedic helicopter. What work you're allowed to do depends on the service for whom you ride along. I took all I could get. Learned a ton but encountered calloused cynics for EMT-Ps on one who were burnout bait under the skin. It was a shame. The BLS and helicopter were warm, and positively effusive in their question answering. The ALS crew said students were an unwelcome chore. Patti :)

Wow, I was upset because we only get to do one 12 on the ambulance and one 8 in the ED. I cant believe you dont do any at all.