I really should have waited

First in my class to take the test . Still waiting for results.

One thing after another is just going wrong here. I decided to reschedule and learned with college graduations the testing sites are filling up like crazy. My daughter insisted... anyway here's the scoop.

She's sick again. Haven't figured out what. Severed RUQ pain with Murphys signs . Fevers, Wbc climbing again. Surgeon Said he sees stones but doesn't believe for a second its the cause of this pain. Not like this. He is debating going in tomorrow and looking around, but afraid of aggravating things more. X xrays, CT, ultra sound. Nothing adds up right. They first worried about her histopkasmosis meds causing it but her liver stuff.. fine. However liver and spleen enlarged. Mono tests all neg.

Anyway, she sent me away to test. After 3 days of sitting here, my director, her and everyone else pushed me out the door.

My mind was elsewhere. I lacked sleep. Vocabulary words I have never seen before.

They say the test gets harder until you miss one, then easier etc. Mine was hard all the way! Maybe I'm a good guesser. I'm not very confident. I believe I failed.

Test shut off at 70 questions

I'm being told I probably did. My training officer stopped in and said the questions remained hard because I was getting them correct. Once you get them wrong they get easier then increase again in difficulty. Mine stayed pretty tough. I looked up some that stumped me and yes they wee correct so I'm a bit more optimistic

I still havent received my results.

I wish I had waited... but if I passed then great.

I just know I had very little sleep. No food in me and hurrying through it. Uhg

Hope your daughter feels better ASAP!

Just remember the old jokes about tests, 1) On multiple choice questions, when in doubt, go with answer "c", and 2) If you fail the test, the results envelope will beat you home, pass, the results envelope will take forever!

Well as of today I am nationally registered. I did pass. Somehow. My director has started working on state stuff to get me on the schedule as an EMTnext week. UUsually only takes a few days to get licensed in Iowa. .. so I did it!

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.