uniforms

I used to wear jumpsuits for EMS. I find it hard to take off. slipping it over the shoulders was like a task for Houdini, it was high in the crouch and the weight of the entire outfit is on my shoulders and felt uncomfortable.

We work 24 hour on call and frequently respond from home. During the night it's easier to get into a jumpsuit than it is the pants and shirt. However, during the day we wear pants and shirt.

I heard you only wore your birthday suit to those late night calls Kat........ :clown:

I have worn jumpsuits and have had many partners/employees wear them.

I like them as much as a regular 2 piece uniform as long as they fit, which usually means some custom altering.

Nothing looks worse that a jumpsuit that is too big in the chest or crotch.

I like jumpsuits for the simple fact that I don't have to keep re-tucking my shirt. I hate jumpsuits as soon as it's time to poop...I've put serious thought into implementing a "trap door" system on the back.

The 2-piece uniform on the other hand offers ease of access, and a traditional look that I like. But when one item fades in the wash faster than the other, and you end up having two different shades of navy blue, it's not what I would call "fashionable".

For me it boils down to what phase of the laundry cycle I'm at in my tour.

I love jumpsuits but the poop issue is a big one especially in public bathrooms. It's a tough thing to keep the jumpsuit off the floor when you are trying to poop. Yeah yeah yeah - TMI but seriously, some public bathrooms are floor non grata. You never know what might be growing on the floor.

But just for functionality and purpose they work nicely. But they also have to be altered for me in order to have them fit me.

My agency has jumpsuits as an optional alternative to the polo and ems pants. However, being pretty tall I find them to be moderately uncomfortable as the weight tends to really drag down on my shoulders, as I believe someone already stated.

I urge you to watch the part in The Incredibles when Edna Moles is talking to Mr Incredible about why she won't do capes then Spenac. You might change your tune.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.