Dyspnea

Bieber

using that chart a 5'9" person at 200 lbs is an obese 30 bmi.

A Dr. told my wife she was obese at 5'6" & 115 lbs according to her BMI . She's skin & bones.

I'm talking the ones that make the 750 pound capacity power stretcher groan, that the XL straps can barely be fastened around by compressing some of the jello rolls.

Think women of whalemart obese.

Just my personal observations over the decades Doc.

we had a pt that could store a two pack of twinkies in each side of her belly rolls, just in case she got stranded away from her supply system. We're on the way to the hospital one night , I'm on the phone to the ER at the front of the box & look up::: she's opening a slightly squashed package of twinkies.

Now all she had on was a mumu [translates into many yards of flowery cloth shaped into a tent] and when asked where she got them , she lifted up a roll and showed me. The smell was enough to make me hurl.

Edited by island emt
  • Like 1

I'm still choking over the new "obesity" scale..........**note to self~refrain from drinking anything while perusing a scenario regarding obese people.**

I may get around to taking a look at the patient once I catch my breath and finish off the trail of twinkie crumbs you guys are leaving on the way out the door...........if the chihuahua doesn't get them first.....

Another consideration is the fact that we have a patient experiencing significant tachycardia and significant instability. When faced with this situation, how much time are we going to take to ask and answer incredibly detailed questions?

• Like 2

From the looks of it, at least 7 days so far. :bonk:

I agree, we seem to have a very unstable pt and I would say that electrical cardioversion may be in order. I would still like to get some more info from the staff/chart while we are setting up.

• Like 1